- DVM - Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine - 1995
- Internal Medicine (ACVIM) and Emergency and Critical Care (ACVECC)
- Fenty RK, deLaforcade AM, Shaw SP, O’Toole TE. Identification of hypercoagulability in dogs with primary immune-mediated hemolytic anemia by means of thromboelastography. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2011;238:463-467.
- Whelan MF, O’Toole TE, Chan DL, et al. Use of human mmunoglobulin in addition to glucocorticoids for the initial treatment of dogs with immune-mediated hemolytic anemia. J Vet Emerg Crit Car 2009;19:158–164.
- Rogers CL, O'Toole TE, Keating DG, and Webster CRL. Portal Vein Thrombosis in Cats: 6 Cases (2001-2006) J Vet Int Med 2008;22:2; 282-287.
- Abelson AL, Shelton DG, Whelan MF, Shaw S,F and O'Toole TE. Use of mycophenolate mofetil as a rescue agent in treatment of generalized myasthenia gravis in three dogs, J Vet Emerg and Crit Care, 2009;19:4;369-374.
General Research Interests
- Trauma and Shock
- Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia
Selected Research Projects
- Prognostic Risk Factors for Dogs with Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia
- Coagulation Changes in Dogs with Severe Trauma
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Outcome in Dogs with Portal Vein Thrombosis
- Outcome for Animals with Myasthenia Gravis Undergoing Removal of Thymoma
- Outcome in Dogs with Aortic Thromboembolism
Research Interests by Area
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Coagulopathies associated with sepsis, liver disease, renal disease, rodenticide, DIC, and trauma. Immune-mediated hemolytic anemia and thrombocytopenia
Research Interests by Organ System and Disease
Emergency and Critical Care
- Immune-mediated hemolytic anemia, coagulation, wound healing, clinical critical care.