- MS - Michigan State University - 1989
- VMD - University of Pennsylvania - 1985
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons (DACVS)
- Quinteros DD, Garcia-Lopez JM, Provost PJ. Complete caecal bypass without ileal transaction for caecal impaction in horses: seven clinical cases (1997-2007). Aust Vet J, 88(11):434-8, 2010.
- Jenei T, Garcia-Lopez J, Provost PJ, Kirker-Head C. Surgical Management of Small Intestinal Incarceration through the Gastrosplenic Ligament: 14 Cases (1994-2006). JAVMA, 231(8): 1221-4, 2007.
- Bellezzo F, Hunt RJ, Provost PJ, Bain FT, Kirker-Head C. Surgical Repair of Rib Fractures in 14 Neonatal Foals: Case Selection, Surgical Technique and Results. EVJ, 36(7):557-562, 2004.
- Chevalier H M, Provost PJ, Karas AZ. Effect of caudal epidural xylazine on intraoperative distress and postoperative pain in Holstein heifers. Veterinary Anesthesia & Analgesia, 31(1):1-10, 2004.
- Smith J, Provost PJ, Paradis MR. Bacterial meningitis and brain abscesses secondary to infectious disease processes involving the head in horses: seven cases (1980-2001). JAVMA, 224(5):739-742, 2004.
General Research Interests
- Gastrointestinal pathophysiology of colic and adhesion formation
- Pathogenesis and treatment of equine skin tumors
- Wound healing
- Treatment of equine back pain
Selected Research Projects
- The significance of EGF, TGF-B, PDGF-BB, MMP 2 & 9 in the normal and ulcerated equine eye
- Efficacy comparison of dressings on full thickness infected wounds
- Prevention of post-operative abdominal adhesions in pigs and ponies using a biopolymer implant
- EGF, PDGF-BB, TGF-beta 1 as potential mediators of equine corneal epithelial cell and keratocyte migration in cell and in organ culture
- An assessment of an alternative method for the management of equine back pain
- Prevention and treatment of equine MRSA infections
- Director - 4th Year Clinical Equine Surgery Rotation
- Co-Director - 3rd Year Equine Medicine & Surgery Course
- Director - 3rd Year Bovine Surgery Elective
- Director - Equine Clinical Skills (Year 1 & 2)
- Faculty Surgeon - Shelter Spay/Neuter Program
Research Interests by Area
Other Areas of Research
- Mediators of corneal epithelial cells and keratocytes
Major Specialized Equipment
- High-speed treadmill
- Digital Radiography