- BS - Duke University - 2004
- DVM - Cornell University - 2008
- DACVR (Radiation Oncology)
- Holmes, M.E., Keyerleber, M.A., Faissler, D. 2019. Prolonged survival after craniectomy with skull reconstruction and adjuvant definitive radiation therapy in three dogs with multilobular osteochondrosarcoma. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound.
- Keyerleber, M.A., Ferrer, L. 2018. Effect of prophylactic cefalexin treatment on the development of bacterial infection in acute radiation-induced dermatitis in dogs: a blinded randomized controlled prospective clinical trial. Veterinary Dermatology.
- McQuown, B., Keyerleber, M.A., Rosen, K., McEntee, M.C., Burgess, K.E. 2017. Treatment of advanced canine anal sac adenocarcinoma with hypofractionated radiation therapy: 77 cases (1999â2013). Veterinary and Comparative Oncology.
- Palladino, S., Keyerleber, M.A., King, R.G., Burgess, K.E. 2016. Utility of Computed Tomography versus Abdominal Ultrasound Examination to Identify Iliosacral Lymphadenomegaly in Dogs with Apocrine Gland Adenocarcinoma of the Anal Sac. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- George, R., Smith, A., Schleis, S., Brawner, W., Almond, G., Kent, M., Wypij, J., Borrego, J., Moore, A., Keyerleber, M., Kraiza, S. 2016. Outcome of dogs with intranasal lymphoma treated with various radiation and chemotherapy protocols: 24 cases. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound.
- Keyerleber, M.A., Mcentee, M.C., Farrelly, J., Thompson, M.S., Scrivani, P.V., Dewey, C.W. 2015. Three-dimensional conformal radiation therapy alone or in combination with surgery for treatment of canine intracranial meningiomas. Veterinary and Comparative Oncology.
- Aarsvold, S., Reetz, J.A., Reichle, J.K., Jones, I.D., Lamb, C.R., Evola, M.G., Keyerleber, M.A., Marolf, A.J. 2015. Computed tomographic findings in 57 cats with primary pulmonary neoplasia. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound.
- Sones, E., Smith, A., Schleis, S., Brawner, W., Almond, G., Taylor, K., Haney, S., Wypij, J., Keyerleber, M., Arthur, J., Hamilton, T., Lawrence, J., Gieger, T., Sellon, R., Wright, Z. 2013. Survival times for canine intranasal sarcomas treated with radiation therapy: 86 cases (1996-2011). Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound.
- Keyerleber, M.A., Gieger, T.L., Erb, H.N., Thompson, M.S., Mcentee, M.C. 2012. Three-dimensional conformal versus non-graphic radiation treatment planning for apocrine gland adenocarcinoma of the anal sac in 18 dogs (2002-2007). Veterinary and Comparative Oncology.
- Keyerleber, M.A., Mcentee, M.C., Farrelly, J., Podgorsak, M. 2012. Completeness of reporting of radiation therapy planning, dose, and delivery in veterinary radiation oncology manuscripts from 2005 to 2010. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound.
Research Interests by Area
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Carcinomas, anal sac adenocarcinoma, canine and feline brain tumors, nasal tumors, osteosarcoma, squamous cell carcinoma in cats
Research Interests by Organ System and Disease
Oncology and Cancer Research and Clinical Trials
- Palliative radiation therapy
- Cancer pain and radiation side effect management
- Radiation therapy treatment planning
- Computed tomography (CT) imaging in veterinary oncology
- Chemoradiotherapy and immunoradiotherapy: toxicity and efficacy
- Anti-angiogenic therapy in veterinary oncology
Major Specialized Equipment
- Varian 21iX Linear Accelerator with on-board CT imaging and RapidArc and Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) capability
- Strontium-90 Plesiotherapy