- BS - Duke University - 2004
- DVM - Cornell University - 2008
- DACVR (Radiation Oncology)
- Keyerleber, M.A., Ferrer, L. 2018. Effect of prophylactic cefalexin treatment on the development of bacterial infection in acute radiation-induced dermatitis in dogs: a blinded randomized controlled prospective clinical trial. Veterinary Dermatology.
- McQuown, B., Keyerleber, M.A., Rosen, K., McEntee, M.C., Burgess, K.E. 2017. Treatment of advanced canine anal sac adenocarcinoma with hypofractionated radiation therapy: 77 cases (1999â2013). Veterinary and Comparative Oncology.
- Palladino, S., Keyerleber, M.A., King, R.G., Burgess, K.E. 2016. Utility of Computed Tomography versus Abdominal Ultrasound Examination to Identify Iliosacral Lymphadenomegaly in Dogs with Apocrine Gland Adenocarcinoma of the Anal Sac. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- George, R., Smith, A., Schleis, S., Brawner, W., Almond, G., Kent, M., Wypij, J., Borrego, J., Moore, A., Keyerleber, M., Kraiza, S. 2016. Outcome of dogs with intranasal lymphoma treated with various radiation and chemotherapy protocols: 24 cases. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound.
- Keyerleber, M.A., Mcentee, M.C., Farrelly, J., Thompson, M.S., Scrivani, P.V., Dewey, C.W. 2015. Three-dimensional conformal radiation therapy alone or in combination with surgery for treatment of canine intracranial meningiomas. Veterinary and Comparative Oncology.
- Aarsvold, S., Reetz, J.A., Reichle, J.K., Jones, I.D., Lamb, C.R., Evola, M.G., Keyerleber, M.A., Marolf, A.J. 2015. Computed tomographic findings in 57 cats with primary pulmonary neoplasia. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound.
- Sones, E., Smith, A., Schleis, S., Brawner, W., Almond, G., Taylor, K., Haney, S., Wypij, J., Keyerleber, M., Arthur, J., Hamilton, T., Lawrence, J., Gieger, T., Sellon, R., Wright, Z. 2013. Survival times for canine intranasal sarcomas treated with radiation therapy: 86 cases (1996-2011). Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound.
- Keyerleber, M.A., Gieger, T.L., Erb, H.N., Thompson, M.S., Mcentee, M.C. 2012. Three-dimensional conformal versus non-graphic radiation treatment planning for apocrine gland adenocarcinoma of the anal sac in 18 dogs (2002-2007). Veterinary and Comparative Oncology.
- Keyerleber, M.A., Mcentee, M.C., Farrelly, J., Podgorsak, M. 2012. Completeness of reporting of radiation therapy planning, dose, and delivery in veterinary radiation oncology manuscripts from 2005 to 2010. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound.
- Wang, X., Chakrapani, H., Madine, J.W., Keyerleber, M.A., Widenhoefer, R.A. 2002. Cyclization/hydrosilylation of functionalized 1,6-diynes catalyzed by cationic platinum complexes containing bidentate nitrogen ligands. Journal of Organic Chemistry.
Research Interests by Area
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Carcinomas, anal sac adenocarcinoma, canine and feline brain tumors, nasal tumors, osteosarcoma, squamous cell carcinoma in cats
Research Interests by Organ System and Disease
Oncology and Cancer Research and Clinical Trials
- Palliative radiation therapy
- Cancer pain and radiation side effect management
- Radiation therapy treatment planning
- Computed tomography (CT) imaging in veterinary oncology
- Chemoradiotherapy and immunoradiotherapy: toxicity and efficacy
- Anti-angiogenic therapy in veterinary oncology
Major Specialized Equipment
- Varian 21iX Linear Accelerator with on-board CT imaging and RapidArc and Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) capability
- Strontium-90 Plesiotherapy