- DVM - Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine - 1993
- BA - Yale University - 1983
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Pacheco A, Bedenice D, Mazan M, Hoffman AM. Respiratory mechanics and results of cytologic examination of bronchoalveolar lavage fluid in healthy adult alpacas. Am J Vet Res 2012; Jan;73:146-152.
- Ingenito EP, Tsai L, Murthy S, Tyagi S, Mazan M, Hoffman A. Autologious lung-derived mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in experimental emphysema. Cell Transplant. 2012:21(1):175-189.
- Paxson JA, Gruntman A, Parkin CD, Mazan MR, Davis A, Ingenito EP, Hoffman AM. Age-dependent decline in mouse lung regeneration with loss of lung fibroblast clonogenicity and increased myfibroblastic differentiation. PLoS One 2011:6(8):e23232.
- Hoffman AM, Paxson JA, Mazan MR, Davis AM, Tyagi S, Murthy S, Ingenito EP. Lung derived mesenchymal stromal cell post-transplantaion survival, persistence, paracrine expression, and repair of elastase injured lung. Stem Cells Dev 2011;Oct:20(10)1779-1792.
- Hoffman AM, Shifren A, Mazan MR, Gruntman AM, LAscola K, Nolen-Walston R, Kim CF, Tsai L, Pierce RA, Mecham R, and Ingenito EP. Matrix modulation of compensatory lung regrowth and progenitor cell proliferation in mice. Am J Physiol: Lung Cell Mol Physiol 2010;298:L158-168. PMID 19915155.
- Paxson J, Parkin C, Iyer L, Mazan MR, Ingenito EP, and Hoffman AM. Global gene expression patterns during post-pneumonectomy lung regeneration in adult mice. Resp Res 2009:10:92. PMID 19804646.
- Nolen-Walston RD, Kuehn H, Boston RC, Mazan MR, Wilkins PA, Bruns S, Hoffman AM. Reproducibility of airway responsiveness in horses using flowmetric plethysmography and histamine bronchoprovocation. J Vet Intern Med 2009;23:631-635.
- Mazan MR, Merriam JG. Perspectives in Professional Education "A Description of the Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine" Massachusetts Equine Clinic Combined Equine Medicine Internship Program. JAVMA 2009, 235: 38-40.
- Mazan MR, Svatek J, Maranda L, Christiani D, Ghio A, Nadeau J, Hoffman AM. Questionnaire assessment of airway disease symptoms in equine barn personnel. Occup Med 2009;59(4):220-225.
- Ceresia ML, Fasser CE, Rush JE, Scheife RT, Orcutt CJ, Michalski DL,Mazan MR, Dorsey MT, Bernardi SP. The role and education of the veterinary pharmacist. Am J Pharm Educ. 2009;19:73:16.
- Nolen-Walston RD, Boston RC, Wilkins PA, Mazan MR, Kuehn H, Hoffman AM. Reproducibility of airway responsiveness using flowmetric plethysmography and histamine bronchoprovocation in horses. J Vet Int Med 2009:23;631-635.
General Research Interests
- The equine respiratory system: Pathophysiology of small airway inflammatory disease - airway smooth muscle
- Effects of particulate matter air pollution on equine respiratory disease
- Resting energy in horses with recurrent airway obstruction
- Non-invasive lung function testing
- Stem cell applications in equine internal medicine
- Role of the trophic macrophage in lung regeneration
- Director of TCSVM/Massachusetts Equine Clinic Large Animal Medicine Internship
- Equine sports medicine, equine exercise physiology, respiratory pathophysiology
Research Interests by Area
- Stem cell applications for respiratory disease and systemic inflammation.
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Airway disease in horses, COPD, regenerative medicine
Research Interests by Organ System and Disease
- Dynamics of bronchioalveolar stem cell response to sublethal hyperoxia and recovery in mice. Respiratory: Role of the macrophage; environmental respiratory disease (animal models); stem cell applications