- Radiology Residency (1991-1994) - Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine
- Graduate Program (1988-1991) - University of Georgia, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine (1980-1986) - Universidad de LaSalle, Bogota, Colombia
- American College of Veterinary Radiology
- Mavromatis, M.V., Solano, M., Thelen, M.Y. 2018. Utility of two-view vs. three-view abdominal radiography in canines presenting with acute abdominal signs. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound.
- Orbach, D.N., Kelly, D.A., Solano, M., Brennan, P.L.R. 2017. Genital interactions during simulated copulation among marine mammals. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences.
- Weissman, A., Solano, M., Taeymans, O., Holmes, S.P., Jiménez, D., Barton, B. 2016. A survey of radiologists and referring veterinarians regarding imaging reports. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound.
- Lobo, D., Solano, M., Bubenik, G.A., Levin, M. 2014. A linear-encoding model explains the variability of the target morphology in regeneration. Journal of the Royal Society Interface.
- Solano, M. 2005. Equine radiography: Portable x-ray generators, film-screen technology, and tabletop automatic film processors. Clinical Techniques in Equine Practice.
- Solano, M. 2005. Diagnostic imaging of the ear. Small Animal Ear Diseases.
- Solano, M., Brawer, R.S. 2005. CT of the equine head: Technical considerations, anatomical guide, and selected diseases. Clinical Techniques in Equine Practice.
General Research Interests
- Nuclear medicine: Imaging of infection, staging of neoplasia, clinical use of novel radiopharmaceuticals
- Diagnostic imaging of marine animals
- Dr. Solano has a general clinical interest in MRI, Ultrasound, Radiology, and CT and also enjoys teaching all aspects of clinical diagnostic imaging to veterinary students and private practitioners
- Diagnostic Imaging (musculoskeletal lectures)
- Anatomy (basics of radiology)
- Neurology (MRI of the brain & spine)
- Musculoskeletal pathobiology (radiology of infection, trauma, and developmental diseases)
- PBL (2nd year)
Research Interests by Area
Other Areas of Research
- Nuclear scintigraphy, clinical diagnostic imaging, marine animal imaging
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Use of diagnostic imaging for spontaneous animal disease: CT, MRI, nuclear scintigraphy