- MS - Washington State University - 1980
- DVM - University of Georgia - 1978
- BS - Clemson University - 1975
- McFarlane D, Paradis MR, Zimmel D, Sykes B, Brorsen B, Sanchez A, Vainio K. The effect of geographic location, breed and pituitary dysfunction on seasonal ACTH and alpha-MSH plasma concentrations in horses. JVIM. In press.
- Paxson JA and Paradis MR. Pharmacokinetics of aztreonam after intravenous administration in foals. J Vet Pharmacol Therap. 34:1, 92-94, 2011.
- Paradis MR. Septic arthritis in the foal: What is the best imaging modality? Invited Clinical Commentary. Equine Vet Educ 22(7):334-335, 2010.
- Wilkins PA, Otto CM, Dunkel B, Bedenice D, Paradis MR, Staffieri F, Baumgardner JE, Syring RS, Slack J, Grasso S, Pranzo G. Acute lung injury (ALI) and acute respiratory distress syndromes (ARDS) in veterinary Medicine: consensus definitions. Special Invited Commentary, JVECC, 17(4):333-339, 2007.
- Rohrbach, BW, Buchanan BR, Drake JM, Andrews FM, Bain FT, Byars DT, Bernard WV, Furr MO, Paradis MR, Lawler J, Giguere S, Dunkel B. Multivariable model to estimate the probability of survival, within 2 hours of hospitalization, in foals up to 7 days of age. JAVMA, 228(11):1748-1756, 2006.
General Research Interests
- Interested in clinical research involving equine neonatal diseases, especially sepsis and also equine geriatric problems.
Selected Research Projects
- Neonatal septic arthritis/osteomyelitis
- Computed tomography of septic joints in foals
- Seasonal variation of ACTH & MSH in horses
Research Interests by Area
Infectious Diseases: Prevention and Control
- Infectious diseases in neonatal foals
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Neonatal bacteremia and prematurity in foals; aging in horses
Major Specialized Equipment
- Computed tomography in animals less than 200 kg
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Video endoscope/gastrroscopes