- PhD - Tufts University School of Nutrition - 1996
- DVM with thesis - Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine - 1991
- BS - Tufts University - 1986
- American College of Veterinary Nutrition
- Freeman, L.M., Lachaud, M.-P., Matthews, S., Rhodes, L., Zollers, B. 2016. Evaluation of Weight Loss Over Time in Cats with Chronic Kidney Disease. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Freeman, L.M., Rodenberg, C., Narayanan, A., Olding, J., Gooding, M.A., Koochaki, P.E. 2016. Development and initial validation of the Cat HEalth and Wellbeing (CHEW) Questionnaire: a generic health-related quality of life instrument for cats. Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery.
- Romano, F.R., Heinze, C.R., Barber, L.G., Mason, J.B., Freeman, L.M. 2016. Association between Body Condition Score and Cancer Prognosis in Dogs with Lymphoma and Osteosarcoma. Journal of veterinary internal medicine.
- Lenihan, D., McCobb, E., Diurba, A., Linder, D., Freeman, L. 2016. Measuring the Effects of Reading Assistance Dogs on Reading Ability and Attitudes in Elementary Schoolchildren. Journal of Research in Childhood Education.
- Prantil, L.R., Markovich, J.E., Heinze, C.R., Linder, D.E., Tams, T.R., Freeman, L.M. 2016. Nutritional analysis and microbiological evaluation of commercially available enteral diets for cats. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Sapowicz, S.A., Linder, D.E., Freeman, L.M. 2016. Body Condition Scores and Evaluation of Feeding Habits of Dogs and Cats at a Low Cost Veterinary Clinic and a General Practice. Scientific World Journal.
- Freeman, L.M. 2015. Nutritional Management of Heart Disease. August's Consultations in Feline Internal Medicine.
- Rush, J.E., Roderick, K.V., Freeman, L.M., Cunningham, S.M., Yang, V.K., Bulmer, B.J., Antoon, K.N. 2015. Assessment of the responsiveness of the Cats' Assessment Tool for Cardiac Health (CATCH) Questionnaire. Journal of Veterinary Cardiology.
- Freeman, L.M., Rush, J.E., Cunningham, S.M., Yang, V.K., Bulmer, B.J. 2015. Pilot study of a myostatin antagonist in dogs with cardiac cachexia. Journal of Veterinary Cardiology.
- Chan, D.L., Freeman, L.M. 2015. Parenteral nutrition in small animals. Nutritional Management of Hospitalized Small Animals.
- Li, Q., Freeman, L.M., Rush, J.E., Laflamme, D.P. 2015. Expression profiling of circulating microRNAs in canine myxomatous mitral valve disease. International Journal of Molecular Sciences.
- Gallagher, B.R., Mahony, O.M., Rozanski, E.A., Buob, S., Freeman, L.M. 2015. A pilot study comparing a protocol using intermittent administration of glargine and regular insulin to a continuous rate infusion of regular insulin in cats with naturally occurring diabetic ketoacidosis. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Freeman, L.M. 2015. New tools for the nutritional assessment and management of critical care patients. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Freeman, L.M., Rush, J.E., Feugier, A., van Hoek, I. 2015. Relationship of body size to metabolic markers and left ventricular hypertrophy in cats. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Markovich, J.E., Freeman, L.M., Labato, M.A., Heinze, C.R. 2015. Survey of dietary and medication practices of owners of cats with chronic kidney disease. Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery.
- Johnson, L.N., Heinze, C.R., Linder, D.E., Freeman, L.M. 2015. Evaluation of marketing claims, ingredients, and nutrient profiles of over-the-counter diets marketed for skin and coat health of dogs. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Fauth, E., Freeman, L.M., Cornjeo, L., Markovich, J.E., Janecko, N., Scott Weese, J. 2015. Salmonella bacteriuria in a cat fed a Salmonella-contaminated diet. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Li, Q., Freeman, L.M., Rush, J.E., Huggins, G.S., Kennedy, A.D., Labuda, J.A., Laflamme, D.P., Hannah, S.S. 2015. Veterinary Medicine and Multi-Omics Research for Future Nutrition Targets: Metabolomics and Transcriptomics of the Common Degenerative Mitral Valve Disease in Dogs. OMICS A Journal of Integrative Biology.
- Heinze, C.R., Freeman, L.M., Martin, C.R., Power, M.L., Fascetti, A.J. 2014. Comparison of the nutrient composition of commercial dog milk replacers with that of dog milk. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Markovich, J.E., Freeman, L.M., Heinze, C.R. 2014. Analysis of thiamine concentrations in commercial canned foods formulated for cats. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
General Research Interests
- Nutrition and Heart Disease
- Critical Care Nutrition
Research Interests by Area
Other Areas of Research
- Nutrition and heart disease, Critical Care Nutrition, Cachexia
Research Interests by Organ System and Disease
Human Animal Interaction (HAI)
- Animal assisted therapy. Human-animal bond.
Cardiovascular Diseases and Nutrition
- Role of nutrition in etiology and treatment of Cardivascular diseases
Nutritional Basis of Diseases
- Nutritional modulation of cardiac disease, critical care nutrition, feline cardiomyopathy as a model for human cardiomyopathies, clinical nutrition, human-animal bond, critical care nutrition, cachexia.