- PhD - Tufts University School of Nutrition - 1996
- DVM with thesis - Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine - 1991
- BS - Tufts University - 1986
- American College of Veterinary Nutrition
- Yu MK, Freeman LM, Heinze CR, Linder DE, Parker VJ. Comparison of complication rates for nasoesophageal and nasogastric tubes in dogs. J Vet Emerg Crit Care 2013; 23: 300-304.
- Parker VJ, Freeman LM. Comparison of solutions to dissolve in vitro feeding tube clogs. J Vet Emerg Crit Care 2013; 23: 344-347.
- Freeman LM, Janecko N, Weese JS. Nutritional and microbial analysis of bully sticks and survey of opinions about pet treats. Can Vet J 2013; 54: 50-54.
- Freeman LM, Rush JE, Meurs KM, Bulmer BJ, Cunningham SM. Body size and metabolic differences in Maine Coon cats with and without hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. J Fel Med Surg 2013;15:74-80
- Freeman LM, Rush JE, Oyama MA, MacDonald KA, Cunningham SM, Bulmer B, MacGregor JM, Laste NJ, Malakoff RL, Hall DJ, Trafny DJ. Development and evaluation of a questionnaire for assessing health-related quality of life in cats with cardiac disease. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2012; 240: 1188-1193
- Cunningham SM, Rush JE, Freeman LM. Systemic inflammation and endothelial dysfunction in dogs with congestive heart failure. J Vet Intern Med 2012; 26: 547-557
- Hutchinson D, Freeman LM, McCarthy R, Anastasio J, Shaw SP, Sutherland-Smith J. Seizures and severe nutrient deficiencies in a puppy fed a homemade diet. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2012; 241: 477-483
- Parker VJ, Freeman LM. Nutritional management of protein-losing nephropathy in dogs. Compendium 2012: E1-E5
- Hutchinson D, Sutherland-Smith J, Watson AJ, Freeman LM. Assessment of sarcopenia in old dogs: A pilot study. Am J Vet Res 2012; 73: 1794-1800
- Heinze CR, Gomez FC, Freeman LM. Assessment of commercial diets and home-prepared diet recipes recommended for dogs with cancer. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2012; 241: 1553-1460
- Linder DE, Freeman LM, Morris P, German AJ, Biourge V, Heinze CR, Alexander L. Theoretical evaluation of risk for nutritional deficiency with caloric restriction. Vet Quart 2012; iFirst: 1-7
General Research Interests
Clinical nutrition. Nutritional modulation of cardiac disease, critical care nutrition, obesity
Research Interests by Area
- NIH Interdisciplinary Research Training for Veterinarians; Accelerated Clinical Excellence (ACE) program (Nestle Purina)
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Obesity, nutritional support of the cancer patient, and renal failure.
Research Interests by Organ System and Disease
Cardiovascular Diseases and Nutrition
- Role of nutrition in etiology and treatment of CV diseases
- Morphometrics in cats with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
Nutritional Basis of Diseases
- Nutritional modulation of cardiac disease, critical care nutrition, obesity, feline cardiomyopathy as a model for human cardiomyopathies. Sarcopenia, genetic and nutritional factors for cardiac disease in dogs and cats, clinical nutrition, human-animal bond, critical care nutrition
Human Animal Interaction (HAI)
- Animal assisted therapy. Human-animal bond.