- DVM - University of Illinois - 1974
- MS - University of Georgia - 1980
- ACVIM (SA Internal Medicine)
- Daure, E., Ross, L., Webster, C.R.L. 2017. Gastroduodenal ulceration in small animals: Part 1. Pathophysiology and epidemiology. Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association.
- Daure, E., Ross, L., Webster, C.R.L. 2017. Gastroduodenal ulceration in small animals: Part 2. Proton pump inhibitors and histamine-2 receptor antagonists. Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association.
- Jardes, D.J., Ross, L.A., Markovich, J.E. 2013. Hemolytic anemia after ingestion of the natural hair dye lawsonia inermis (henna) in a dog. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Ross, L.A., Labato, M.A. 2013. Current techniques in peritoneal dialysis. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Ross, L.A., Labato, M.A. 2012. Peritoneal Dialysis. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Disorders in Small Animal Practice.
- Markovich, J.E., Ross, L., McCobb, E. 2012. The Prevalence of Leptospiral Antibodies in Free Roaming Cats in Worcester County, Massachusetts. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Ross, L. 2011. Acute Kidney Injury in Dogs and Cats. Veterinary Clinics of North America - Small Animal Practice.
- Ross, L., Jakowski, R., Bolin, C., Kiupel, M. 2009. Retrospective immunohistochemical detection of leptospira in dogs with renal pathology. International Journal of Applied Research in Veterinary Medicine.
- Nolan, B.G., Ross, L.A., Vaccaro, D.E., Groman, E.V., Reinhardt, C.P. 2009. Estimation of glomerular filtration rate in dogs by plasma clearance of gadolinium diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid as measured by use of an ELISA. American Journal of Veterinary Research.
- Brown, S., Atkins, C., Bagley, R., Carr, A., Cowgill, L., Davidson, M., Egner, B., Elliott, J., Henik, R., Labato, M., Littman, M., Polzin, D., Ross, L., Snyder, P., Stepien, R. 2007. Guidelines for the identification, evaluation, and management of systemic hypertension in dogs and cats. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Ross, L.A., Labato, M.A. 2006. Peritoneal dialysis. Fluid, Electrolyte and Acid-Base Disorders in Small Animal Practice.
- Acierno, M.J., Labato, M.A., Stern, L.C., Mukherjee, J., Jakowski, R.M., Ross, L.A. 2006. Serum concentrations of the third component of complement in healthy dogs and dogs with protein-losing nephropathy. American Journal of Veterinary Research.
- Rha, J.-Y., Labato, M.A., Ross, L.A., Breitschwerdt, E., Alroy, J. 2000. Familial glomerulonephropathy in a litter of Beagles. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Tidwell, A.S., Ross, L.A., Kleine, L.J. 1997. Computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging of cavernous sinus enlargement in a dog with unilateral exophthalmos. Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound.
- Ross, L.A. 1992. Hypertension and chronic renal failure.. Seminars in veterinary medicine and surgery (small animal).
- Rentko, V.T., Clark, N., Ross, L.A., Schelling, S.H. 1992. Canine Leptospirosis: A Retrospective Study of 17 Cases. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Labato, M.A., Ross, L.A. 1991. Plasma disappearance of creatinine as a renal function test in the dog. Research in Veterinary Science.
- Ross, L.A., Lamb, C.R. 1990. Reduction of hydronephrosis and hydroureter associated with ectopic ureters in two dogs after ureterovesical anastomosis.. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Anthony, J.A., Childs, J.E., Glass, G.E., Korch, G.W., Ross, L., Grigor, J.K. 1990. Land use associations and changes in population indices of urban raccoons during a rabies epizootic.. Journal of wildlife diseases.
- Ross, L.A. 1989. Fluid therapy for acute and chronic renal failure.. The Veterinary clinics of North America. Small animal practice.
General Research Interests
Selected Research Projects
- Evaluation of the safety of extracorporeal shock-wave lithotripsy in cats.
- Retrospective evaluation of kidney and liver tissue samples for evidence of leptospirosis.
- Assessment of complement C3 levels and antibody-antigen levels in normal dogs and dogs with glomerulonephritis.
Research and Clinical Interests
- Pathophysiology and treatment of renal failure
- Evaluation of renal function
- Laser lithotripsy
- Specialized imaging
- Urodynamic testing
Major Specialized Equipment
- Laser for Lithotripsy
- Urodynamic Tesing Equipment