- PhD - Kansas State University
- MS - Idaho State University
- BS - Idaho State University
- Engelking, L.R. 2012. Metabolic and endocrine physiology, third edition. Metabolic and Endocrine Physiology, Third Edition.
- Hseu, Y.-C., Lu, F.-J., Engelking, L.R., Chen, C.-L., Chen, Y.-H., Yang, H.-L. 2000. Humic acid-induced echinocyte transformation in human erythrocytes: Characterization ofmorphological changes and determination of the mechanism underlying damage. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health - Part A.
- Karuri, A.R., Engelking, L.R., Kumar, M.S.A. 1998. Effects of halothane and methoxyflurane on the hypothalamic-pituitary- adrenal axis in rat. Brain Research Bulletin.
- Karuri, A.R., Kugel, G., Engelking, L.R., Kumar, M.S.A. 1998. Alterations in catecholamine turnover in specific regions of the rat brain following acute exposure to nitrous oxide. Brain Research Bulletin.
- Karuri, A.R., Agarwal, R.K., Engelking, L.R., Kumar, M.S.A. 1998. Effects of halothane and methoxyflurane on regional brain and spinal cord substance P-like and betaendorphin-like immunoreactivities in the rat. Brain Research Bulletin.
- Engelking, L.R. 1997. Biochemical and physiological manifestations of acute insulin withdrawal. Seminars in Veterinary Medicine and Surgery-Small Animal.
- Engelking, L.R. 1997. Physiology of the endocrine pancreas. Seminars in Veterinary Medicine and Surgery-Small Animal.
- Kumar, A.M., Agarwal, R.K., Thompson, M.L., Marchand, J.E., Kream, R.M., Engelking, L.R. 1994. Effect of chronic DDC treatment on LHRH and substance P amidation processes in the rat. Brain Research Bulletin.
- Agarwal, R.K., Court, M., Chandna, V.K., Mohan, A., Engelking, L.R., Kumar, A.M. 1994. Influence of halothane and methoxyflurane on regional brain and spinal cord concentrations of methionine-enkephalin in the rat. Brain Research Bulletin.
- Grüne, S., Engelking, L.R., Anwer, M.S. 1993. Role of intracellular calcium and protein kinases in the activation of hepatic Na+/taurocholate cotransport by cyclic AMP. Journal of Biological Chemistry.
- Engelking, L.R. 1993. Equine Fasting Hyperbilirubinemia. Advances in Veterinary Science and Comparative Medicine.
- Agarwal, R.K., Chandna, V.K., Engelking, L.R., Lightbown, K., Kumar, M.S.A. 1993. Distribution of catecholamines in the central nervous system of the pig. Brain Research Bulletin.
- Remillard, R.L., Stem, E., Michel, K.E., Engelking, L.R., Sollod, A.E. 1990. Oral vitamin a supplementation to debilitated cattle during Sahelian dry seasons. Preventive Veterinary Medicine.
- Engelking, L.R., Anwer, M.S., McConnell, J., Sullivan, D., Shuster, L. 1990. Cocaine and lidocaine interfere with epinephrine-induced changes in intracellular calcium concentration and glucose efflux from rat hepatocytes. Pharmacology.
- Engelking, L.R., Anwer, M.S., Hofmann, A.F. 1989. Basal and bile salt-stimulated bile flow and biliary lipid excretion in ponies.. American journal of veterinary research.
- Combettes, L., Berthon, B., Claret, M., Erlinger, S., Anwer, M.S., Engelking, L.R., Lester, R. 1989. Selective permeabilization of the endoplasmic reticulum by monohydroxylated bile acids in liver. Hepatology.
- Greenblatt, D.J., Engelking, L.R. 1988. Enterohepatic circulation of lorazepam and acetaminophen conjugates in ponies. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics.
- Lofstedt, J., Koblik, P.D., Jakowski, R.M., McMillan, M.C., Engelking, L.R. 1988. Use of hepatobiliary scintigraphy to diagnose bile duct atresia in a lamb.. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Anwer, M.S., Engelking, L.R., Nolan, K., Sullivan, D., Zimniak, P., Lester, R. 1988. Hepatotoxic bile acids increase cytosolic Ca++ activity of isolated rat hepatocytes. Hepatology.
- Engelking, L.R., Paradis, M.R. 1987. Evaluation of hepatobiliary disorders in the horse.. The Veterinary clinics of North America. Equine practice.
General Research InterestsAlthough no longer actively engaged in research, Dr. Engelking's past research studies and writings have focused on a broad spectrum of both human and animal hepatic physiological control mechanisms. Included have been investigations of both exogenous and endogenous solute transport across liver cells, mechanisms of equine fasting hyperbilirubinemia, bile acid clearance and pool size studies in human patients with liver disease, effects of volatile anesthestics on equine liver function, comparative pharmacokinetics of lipophilic drugs in horses and humans, and enterohepatic cycling of drugs in ponies.
- Lecturer and Director of the Physiological Chemistry course (VET 102) for first year veterinary students.
- Lecturer and Director of the Physiology course (VET 110) for first year veterinary students.