- PhD - Tufts University, 2011
- DVM - University of Illinois, 2005
- BS - University of Illinois, 2003
General Research Interests
Selected Research Projects
- A gnotobiotic piglet model of Clostridium difficile infection
- The relative roles of Toxin A and Toxin B in Clostridium difficile infection
- Masters in Conservation Medicine: Research Skills I – Systematic Review and Analysis
- DVM – Epidemiology & Biostatistics
- DVM – Immunology conferences
- DVM – Histopathology laboratory
- DVM – Problem based learning
Major Specialized Equipment
- Steele J, Mukherjee J, Parry N, Tzipori S. Antibody against TcdB, but not TcdA, prevents development of gastrointestinal and systemic Clostridium difficile disease. J Infect Dis 2013; 207:323-30.
- Steele J, Sponseller J, Schmidt D, Cohen O, Tzipori S. Hyperimmune bovine colostrum for treatment of GI infections: A review and update on Clostridium difficile. Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics 2013; 9.
- Steele J, Chen K, Sun X, Zhang Y, Wang H, Tzipori S, Feng H. Systemic dissemination of Clostridium difficile toxins A and B is associated with severe, fatal disease in animal models. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2012, 205(3):384-91.
- Steele J, Mukherjee J, Parry N, Tzipori S. Antibody against TcdB, but not TcdA, prevents development of gastrointestinal and systemic Clostridium difficile disease. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2012. In press.
- Steele J, Feng H, Parry N, Tzipori S. Piglet models of acute or chronic Clostridium difficile illness. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2010, 201:428-434.
- He X, Wang J, Steele J, Sun X, Nie W, Tzipori S, et al. An ultrasensitive rapid immunocytotoxicity assay for detecting Clostridium difficile toxins. Journal of Microbiological Methods 2009, 78:97-100.