- DVM - Kansas State University - 1978
- Saperstein, G. 1993. Congenital abnormalities of internal organs and body cavities.. The Veterinary clinics of North America. Food animal practice.
- el-Hamidi, M., Leipold, H.W., Vestweber, J.G., Saperstein, G. 1989. Spinal muscular atrophy in Brown Swiss calves.. Zentralblatt fur Veterinarmedizin. Reihe A.
- El‐Hamidi, M., Leipold, H.W., Vestweber, J.G.E., Saperstein, G. 1989. Spinal Muscular Atrophy in Brown Swiss Calves. Journal of Veterinary Medicine Series A.
- Saperstein, G., Mohanty, S.B., Rockemann, D.D., Russek, E. 1983. Effect of levamisole on induced bovine viral diarrhea.. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Saperstein, G. 1981. Diprosopus in a Hereford calf.. The Veterinary record.
- Leipold, H.W., Saperstein, G., Swanson, R., Guffy, M.M., Schalles, R. 1977. Inheritance of tibial hemimelia in Galloway cattle. Zeitschrift für Tierzüchtung und Züchtungsbiologie.
- Leipold, H.W., Saperstein, G., Johnson, D.D., Dennis, S.M. 1976. Intestinal atresia in calves.. Veterinary medicine, small animal clinician : VM, SAC.
- Saperstein, G., Guffy, M.M., Leipold, W. 1976. Otognathia with complete pharyngeal fistulae in an Angus calif.. The Veterinary record.
- Saperstein, G., Leipold, H.W., Dennis, S.M. 1975. Congenital defects of sheep.. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Leipold, H.W., Saperstein, G. 1975. Rectal and vaginal constriction in Jersey cattle. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Ojo, S.A., Guffy, M.M., Saperstein, G., Leipold, H.W. 1974. Tibial hemimelia in Galloway calves.. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Hartke, G.T., Leipold, H.W., Huston, K., Cook, J.E., Saperstein, G. 1974. Three mutations and the karyotype of the prairie vole: White spotting, polydipsia, and muscular dystrophy in microtus ochrogaster. Journal of Heredity.
General Research Interests
- Sustainable agriculture.
- Preservation of germplasm from endangered breeds of livestock.
- Antibiotic susceptibility diagnostics.
- Congenital and hereditary diseases of large animals.
- Staphylococcal mastitis in cows and goats.
- International veterinary medicine.
Selected Research Projects
- Strengthening Regional Collaboration in Animal Disease and Zoonoses in the Middle East, 1999 - 2002. USAID. Involved coordinating efforts of veterinarians and laboratory workers in Egypt, Israel, Jordan, and the Palestinian Authority to harmonize procedures to reduce the prevalence of important infectious diseases of animals in the region.
- Preservation of Germplasm from Endangered Breeds of Livestock, 2002 - present. Privately funded. Involves collecting and freezing germplasm from endangered breeds of American livestock that possess valuable genetic traits.
Sustainable Agriculture Program for New England Family Farmers
With funding from the United States Department of Agriculture, Dr. Saperstein is encouraging regional livestock producers to participate in a local premium livestock branded product program aimed at bringing local farmers added revenue streams by changing the way they raise livestock and market their products. Farmers can learn more about this opportunity by checking out the website: azulunabrands.com
Saperstein, G., Antibiotic Sensitivity Test for Pathogenic Organisms Present in Mastitic Milk. Patent No. 5,026,638. Issued June 25, 1991.