- DVM – Cornell University, 1995
- BS – University of New Hampshire (Animal Science), 1991
DABVP - Dairy
- White EC, DeLahunta A. Narcolepsy in a ram lamb. Veterinary Record. 2001; 149: 156-157.
- White EC, Hinckley LS. Prevalence of mastitis pathogens in goat milk. Small Ruminant Research. 1999; 33:117-121.
- White EC, Briles WE, Briles RW, Taylor RL. Response of six major histocompatibility (B) complex recombinant haplotypes to rous sarcomas. Poultry Science. 1994; 73:836-842.
- White EC. Goat dehorning and disbudding. In: Fubini SL, Ducharme NG, eds. Farm Animal Surgery. St. Louis: Saunders, 2004; 511-515.
- Saperstein G and White EC. Congenital anomalies of the goat. In: Smith BP, ed. Large Animal Internal Medicine. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Mosby, 2002; 1540-1555.
- White EC. The prevalence of mastitis in small ruminants and the effect of mastitis on small ruminant production, in Proceedings 46th Annual NMC Convention (A global organization for mastitis control and milk quality) 2007; 119-127.
- White EC. Biosecurity concerns for sheep and goat herds, in Proceedings. 2nd Annual Tufts Animal Expo Education Conference 2001; 819-821.
- White EC. Common medical diseases of small ruminants and vaccination and deworming protocols: parts I and II, in Proceedings 138th Annual American Veterinary Medical Association Convention 2001; 880-885.
- White EC. Common medical problems of small ruminants and vaccination and deworming protocols, in Proceedings 1st Annual Tufts Animal Expo Education Conference 2000; 406-409.
- White EC. Biosecurity concerns for sheep and goat owners. British Columbia Sheep Federation N’Ewes Letter. May, 2007.
- White EC, Saperstein G. Biosecurity for sheep and goat dairies. Dairy Practices Council, December, 2002
General Research Interests
- Bovine lameness and advanced reproductive technologies in cattle, sheep, and swine.
Selected Research Projects
- Preservation of genetic material from threatened breeds of domestic livestock in conjunction with the SVF foundation.
- Alternative therapies for the treatment of sole ulcers in cattle.
- The use of Staphylococcus xylosus to treat Staphylococcus aureus mastitis in dairy cows. A pilot study to determine if the in vitro ability of Staphylococcus xylosus to kill Staphylococcus aureus will work in cases of bovine mastitis.
- A Pilot Study of Alternative Ways to Raise Veal calves. This study will examine the feasibility and profitability of alternative, more humane, methods of raising veal calves.
Research and Clinical Interests
- Bovine ambulatory medicine and surgery
- Advanced reproductive technologies
- Bovine lameness
- Dairy production medicine
- Food Animal Medicine and Surgery
- Clinical Skills
- Veterinary Economics
- Veterinary Ethics
- Bovine Procedures
- Clinical Reasoning
- Clinical Dermatology
- Dairy Production Medicine
- Advanced Clinical Excellence
Research Interests by Area
Infectious Diseases: Prevention and Control
- Staphylococcus mastitis control
Member: AABP, ABVP, AVMA