- DVM - University of Illinois - 1992
- Buckley G, DeCubellis J, Sharp C,†Rozanski EA. Outcome of CPR in 15 rabbits. J Exotic Pet Medicine (In Press).
- Lanaux T, Knoll J, Buckley G,†Rozanski EA. Utility of the blood smear in the ER. J Vet Clin Path (In Press).
- Rogers C and†Rozanski EA. Von Willebrand‚€™s factor antigen concentration in dogs with sepsis. J Vet Intern Med 2010; 24(1):229-230.
- Lessen LR, Wiinberg B, Kjelgaard-Hansen M, Jensen AL,†Rozanski EA, Kristensen AT. Thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor activity in healthy and diseased dogs. Vet Clin Path 2010; 39(3):296-301.
- Reynolds CA, Oyama MA, Rush JE,†Rozanski EA, Singletary GE, Brown DC, Cunningham SC, Fox PR, Bond B, Adin DB, Williams RM, MacDonald KA, Malakoff R, Sleeper MM, Schoeber KE, Petrie JP, Hogan DF. Perceptions of quality of life and priorities of owners of cats with heart disease. J Vet Intern Med 2010; 24(6):1421-4126.
- Adams C, Streeter EM, King R,†Rozanski EA. Cause and clinical characteristics of rib fractures in cats: 33 cases (2000-2009). J Vet Emerg Crit Care 2010; 20(4):436-440.
- Kenney EM,†Rozanski EA, Rush JE, de Laforcade-Buress AM, Berg J, Silverstein DC, Montealegre C, Jutkowitz A, Adamantos S, Ovbey D, Boysen S, Shaw S. Association between outcome and organ system dysfunction in dogs with sepsis: 114 cases (2003-2007). J Am Vet Med Assoc 2010; 236:83-87.
- Hall DJ, Rush JE,†Rozanski EA. ECG of the Month, Hyperkalemia. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2010; 236:299-301.
- Rozanski EA, Lofgren J, Bedenice D, Abrams J, Bach J, Hoffman AM. The effect of body position, sedation and thoracic bandaging on functional residual capacity in healthy deep-chested dogs. Can J Vet Res 2010; 74:34-39.
- Welch K,†Rozanski EA, Freeman LM, Rush JE. Prospective evaluation of tissue plasminogen activator in 11 cats with arterial thromboembolism. J Fel Med Surg 2010; 12:122-128.
General Research Interests
- Respiratory disease/ventilation
Selected Research Projects
- The role of viral infection in airway hyperreactivity, on-going
- The utility of glargine for DKA in cats (AAFP funded)
- The utility of sildenafil in canine pulmonary hypertension
- The utility of CT in diagnosis of pulmonary disease
Research Interests by Area
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Asthma in cats, pulmonary fibrosis in West Highland terriers
Research Interests by Organ System and Disease
Cardiovascular Diseases and Nutrition
- Tissue plasminogen activator in cats with ATE; NT-BNP in dogs with DCM, CVD and shortness of breath
- Role of viral infection in airway hyper-reactivity, utility of CT in diagnosis of pulmonary disease, long-term effect of respiratory infections on feline lung function.
Emergency and Critical Care
- Prognostic indicators in emergency medicine. Respiratory disease (asthma) in dogs and cats, transfusion medicine, clinical critical care research
Major Specialized Equipment
- Puritan Bennett 840 Ventilator
- Buxco Pulmonary Function Computer