- DVM - University of Illinois - 1992
- McCobb, E., Rozanski, E.A., Malcolm, E.L., Wolfus, G., Rush, J.E. 2018. A novel model for teaching primary care in a community practice setting: Tufts at tech community veterinary clinic. Journal of Veterinary Medical Education.
- Vaught, M.E., Rozanski, E.A., deLaforcade, A.M. 2018. Effect of transoral tracheal wash on respiratory mechanics in dogs with respiratory disease. Canadian Journal of Veterinary Research.
- Dorsey, T.I., Rozanski, E.A., Sharp, C.R., Babyak, J.M., de Laforcade, A.M. 2018. Evaluation of thromboelastography in bitches with pyometra. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation.
- Intarapanich, N.P., Touroo, R.M., Rozanski, E.A., Reisman, R.W., Intarapanich, P.P., McCobb, E.C. 2017. Characterization and comparison of injuries caused by spontaneous versus organized dogfighting. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Aona, B.D., Rush, J.E., Rozanski, E.A., Cunningham, S.M., Sharp, C.R., Freeman, L.M. 2017. Evaluation of echocardiography and cardiac biomarker concentrations in dogs with gastric dilatation volvulus. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Marschner, C.B., Kristensen, A.T., Rozanski, E.A., McEvoy, F.J., Kühnel, L., Taeymans, O., de Laforcade, A., Sato, A.F., Wiinberg, B. 2017. Diagnosis of canine pulmonary thromboembolism by computed tomography and mathematical modelling using haemostatic and inflammatory variables. Veterinary Journal.
- Taylor, S., Rozanski, E., Sato, A.F., Rush, J.E. 2017. Vascular stent placement for palliation of mass-associated chylothorax in two dogs. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Allukian, A.R., Abelson, A.L., Babyak, J., Rozanski, E.A. 2017. Comparison of time to obtain intraosseous versus jugular venous catheterization on canine cadavers. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Marschner, C.B., Kokla, M., Amigo, J.M., Rozanski, E.A., Wiinberg, B., McEvoy, F.J. 2017. Texture analysis of pulmonary parenchymateous changes related to pulmonary thromboembolism in dogs - a novel approach using quantitative methods. BMC Veterinary Research.
- Crane, C., Rozanski, E.A., Abelson, A.L., deLaforcade, A. 2017. Severe brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome is associated with hypercoagulability in dogs. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation.
- Rozanski, E., Lynch, A. 2017. Fluid Therapy in Lung Disease. Veterinary Clinics of North America - Small Animal Practice.
- Fahey, R., Rozanski, E., Paul, A., Rush, J.E. 2017. Prevalence of vomiting in dogs with pericardial effusion. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Mahon, J.L., Rozanski, E.A., Paul, A.L. 2017. Prevalence of serum antibody titers against canine distemper virus and canine parvovirus in dogs hospitalized in an intensive care unit. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Davies, R., Rozanski, E., Tseng, F., Jennings, S., Paul, A. 2016. Traumatic uterine rupture in three felids. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Cummings, K.A., Abelson, A.L., Rozanski, E.A., Sharp, C.R. 2016. The effect of storage on ammonia, cytokine, and chemokine concentrations in feline whole blood. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Intarapanich, N.P., McCobb, E.C., Reisman, R.W., Rozanski, E.A., Intarapanich, P.P. 2016. Characterization and Comparison of Injuries Caused by Accidental and Non-accidental Blunt Force Trauma in Dogs and Cats. Journal of Forensic Sciences.
- Rozanski, E. 2016. Common clinical problems: Dyspnea. Clinical Medicine of the Dog and Cat: Third Edition.
- Rozanski, E. 2016. Common clinical problems: Cough. Clinical Medicine of the Dog and Cat: Third Edition.
- Porter, A., Rozanski, E., Price, L.L., Shaw, S. 2016. Evaluation of cardiac troponin I in dogs presenting to the emergency room using a point-of-care assay. Canadian Veterinary Journal.
- Hezzell, M.J., Rush, J.E., Humm, K., Rozanski, E.A., Sargent, J., Connolly, D.J., Boswood, A., Oyama, M.A. 2016. Differentiation of Cardiac from Noncardiac Pleural Effusions in Cats using Second-Generation Quantitative and Point-of-Care NT-proBNP Measurements. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
General Research Interests
- Respiratory disease/ventilation
Selected Research Projects
- The role of viral infection in airway hyperreactivity, on-going
- The utility of glargine for DKA in cats (AAFP funded)
- The utility of sildenafil in canine pulmonary hypertension
- The utility of CT in diagnosis of pulmonary disease
Research Interests by Area
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Asthma in cats, pulmonary fibrosis in West Highland terriers
Research Interests by Organ System and Disease
Cardiovascular Diseases and Nutrition
- Tissue plasminogen activator in cats with ATE; NT-BNP in dogs with DCM, CVD and shortness of breath
- Role of viral infection in airway hyper-reactivity, utility of CT in diagnosis of pulmonary disease, long-term effect of respiratory infections on feline lung function.
Emergency and Critical Care
- Prognostic indicators in emergency medicine. Respiratory disease (asthma) in dogs and cats, transfusion medicine, clinical critical care research
Major Specialized Equipment
- Puritan Bennett 840 Ventilator
- Buxco Pulmonary Function Computer