- DVM - University of Illinois - 1992
- Taylor, S., Rozanski, E., Sato, A.F., Rush, J.E. 2017. Vascular stent placement for palliation of mass-associated chylothorax in two dogs. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Allukian, A.R., Abelson, A.L., Babyak, J., Rozanski, E.A. 2017. Comparison of time to obtain intraosseous versus jugular venous catheterization on canine cadavers. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Marschner, C.B., Kokla, M., Amigo, J.M., Rozanski, E.A., Wiinberg, B., McEvoy, F.J. 2017. Texture analysis of pulmonary parenchymateous changes related to pulmonary thromboembolism in dogs - a novel approach using quantitative methods. BMC Veterinary Research.
- Crane, C., Rozanski, E.A., Abelson, A.L., deLaforcade, A. 2017. Severe brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome is associated with hypercoagulability in dogs. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation.
- Rozanski, E., Lynch, A. 2017. Fluid Therapy in Lung Disease. Veterinary Clinics of North America - Small Animal Practice.
- Fahey, R., Rozanski, E., Paul, A., Rush, J.E. 2017. Prevalence of vomiting in dogs with pericardial effusion. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Mahon, J.L., Rozanski, E.A., Paul, A.L. 2017. Prevalence of serum antibody titers against canine distemper virus and canine parvovirus in dogs hospitalized in an intensive care unit. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Davies, R., Rozanski, E., Tseng, F., Jennings, S., Paul, A. 2016. Traumatic uterine rupture in three felids. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Cummings, K.A., Abelson, A.L., Rozanski, E.A., Sharp, C.R. 2016. The effect of storage on ammonia, cytokine, and chemokine concentrations in feline whole blood. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Intarapanich, N.P., McCobb, E.C., Reisman, R.W., Rozanski, E.A., Intarapanich, P.P. 2016. Characterization and Comparison of Injuries Caused by Accidental and Non-accidental Blunt Force Trauma in Dogs and Cats. Journal of Forensic Sciences.
- Porter, A., Rozanski, E., Price, L.L., Shaw, S. 2016. Evaluation of cardiac troponin I in dogs presenting to the emergency room using a point-of-care assay. Canadian Veterinary Journal.
- Hezzell, M.J., Rush, J.E., Humm, K., Rozanski, E.A., Sargent, J., Connolly, D.J., Boswood, A., Oyama, M.A. 2016. Differentiation of Cardiac from Noncardiac Pleural Effusions in Cats using Second-Generation Quantitative and Point-of-Care NT-proBNP Measurements. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Hanel, R.M., Palmer, L., Baker, J., Brenner, J.-A., Crowe, D.T., Dorman, D., Gicking, J.C., Gilger, B., Otto, C.M., Robertson, S.A., Rozanski, E., Trumpatori, B. 2016. Best practice recommendations for prehospital veterinary care of dogs and cats. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Fletcher, D.J., Rozanski, E.A., Brainard, B.M., de Laforcade, A.M., Brooks, M.B. 2016. Assessment of the relationships among coagulopathy, hyperfibrinolysis, plasma lactate, and protein C in dogs with spontaneous hemoperitoneum. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Morris, B.R., deLaforcade, A., Lee, J., Palmisano, J., Meola, D., Rozanski, E. 2016. Effects of in vitro hemodilution with crystalloids, colloids, and plasma on canine whole blood coagulation as determined by kaolin-activated thromboelastography. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Lynch, A.M., Respess, M., Boll, A.E., Bozych, M., Mcmichael, M., Fletcher, D.J., De Laforcade, A.M., Rozanski, E.A. 2016. Hospital-acquired Anemia in Critically Ill Dogs and Cats: A Multi-Institutional Study. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Boller, M., Fletcher, D.J., Brainard, B.M., Haskins, S., Hopper, K., Nadkarni, V.M., Morley, P.T., Mcmichael, M., Nishimura, R., Robben, J.H., Rozanski, E., Rudloff, E., Rush, J., Shih, A., Smarick, S., Tello, L.H. 2016. Utstein-style guidelines on uniform reporting of in-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation in dogs and cats. A RECOVER statement. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Rozanski, E. 2015. Feline Lower Airway Disease. August's Consultations in Feline Internal Medicine.
- Pfaff, A.W., Rozanski, E.A., Lynch, A.M. 2015. Massive haemorrhage associated with inadvertent incision of a suspected carotid artery pseudoaneurysm in a cat. Journal of Small Animal Practice.
- Houtsma, A., Bedenice, D., Pusterla, N., Pugliese, B., Mapes, S., Hoffman, A.M., Paxson, J., Rozanski, E., Mukherjee, J., Wigley, M., Mazan, M.R. 2015. Association between inflammatory airway disease of horses and exposure to respiratory viruses: A case control study. Multidisciplinary Respiratory Medicine.
General Research Interests
- Respiratory disease/ventilation
Selected Research Projects
- The role of viral infection in airway hyperreactivity, on-going
- The utility of glargine for DKA in cats (AAFP funded)
- The utility of sildenafil in canine pulmonary hypertension
- The utility of CT in diagnosis of pulmonary disease
Research Interests by Area
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Asthma in cats, pulmonary fibrosis in West Highland terriers
Research Interests by Organ System and Disease
Cardiovascular Diseases and Nutrition
- Tissue plasminogen activator in cats with ATE; NT-BNP in dogs with DCM, CVD and shortness of breath
- Role of viral infection in airway hyper-reactivity, utility of CT in diagnosis of pulmonary disease, long-term effect of respiratory infections on feline lung function.
Emergency and Critical Care
- Prognostic indicators in emergency medicine. Respiratory disease (asthma) in dogs and cats, transfusion medicine, clinical critical care research
Major Specialized Equipment
- Puritan Bennett 840 Ventilator
- Buxco Pulmonary Function Computer