- PhD - University of Liege, Belgium - 1998
- Radiology Residency at Davis, CA - 1985-88
- DVM - University of Liege, Belgium - 1981
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Radiology -1992
- Diplomate European College of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging -1994
- Ultrasonographic characterization of feline ileocecocolic abnormalities. Taeymans O, Holt N, Penninck D, Webster CR. Vet Radiol & Ultrasound. 2011, in press.
- New insights in contrast enhanced ultrasonography of canine splenic lesions. Taeymans O, Penninck D. Vet Radiol & Ultrasound. 2011, in press.
- Literature Review - Radiology of Birds: An Atlas of Normal Anatomy and Positioning. By Sam Silverman and Lisa Tell Publisher, Saunders Elsevier, St. Louis, MO. 2010, 277 pages. D. Penninck. Journal of Exotic Pet Medicine, Vol 19, No. 4 (October), 2010: p. 326
- Safety and correlation of test results of combined Utrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy and needle core biopsy in the canine spleen. Watson A., Penninck D, Sutherland-Smith J, Knoll J, Burgess K. Vet Radiol & US. 2011;52(3):317-322.
- The sonographic appearance of intestinal mucosal fibrosis in cats.Penninck D, Webster CRL, Keating JH. Vet Radiol & US. 2010; 51(4):458-461.
- Long term ultrasonographic follow-up of intestinal surgical sites in dogs. Mareschal A, Penninck D. Vet Radiol & US. 2010;51(6):652-655.
- Sonographic assessment of gallbladder volume in normal cats. D. Penninck, J. O'Sullivan, C. Leveille-Webster. Vet Radiol & US. 2010; 51(6):665-666.
- Sonographic findings of gastric polyps in 7 dogs. Diana A, Penninck DG, Keating JH. Vet Radiol & US. 2009;50(2):201-4.
- Portal vein thrombosis in cats: 6 cases (2001-2006). Rogers CL, O'Toole TE, Keating JH, Penninck DG, Webster CR. JVIM 2008; 22:282-287.
- Assessment of post-operative ultrasonographic appearance of uncomplicated enterotomy or enterectomy sites in dogs. A.R. Matthews,D.G. Penninck, C.R.L. Webster. Vet Radiol & Ultrasound. 2008; 49(5): 477-483.
General Research Interests
- Ultrasonography of the digestive system
- Diagnostic modalities for pancreatic hepatic and gastrointestinal disorders in dogs and cats
- Abdominal radiology
- Interventional procedures
- Course Director - Clinical Application of Diagnostic Ultrasonography
Research Interests by Area
- Investigation of liver diseases using ultrasound. Ultrasonography; use of technology in teaching; gastrointestinal tract imaging
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Use of diagnostic imaging for spontaneous animal disease: CT, MRI, nuclear scintigraphy