- PhD - University of Texas Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences - 1987
- DVM - Texas A&M University - 1981
- BA - Rice University - 1978
- American College of Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology
- Mealey, K.L., Barhoumi, R., Burghardt, R.C., Safe, S., Kochevar, D. Doxycycline induces expression of P glycoprotein in MCF7 breast carcinoma cells. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:755-761, 2002.
- Botos, J., Smith, R., Kochevar, D. Retinoblastoma function is a better indicator of cellular phenotype in cultured breast adenocarcinoma cells than retinoblastoma expression. Exp Biol Med 227:354-362, 2002.
- Kochevar DT, Fajt V. Evidence-based decision making in small animal therapeutics. Vet Clinics North America, Small Animal 36: 943-960, 2006.
General Research Interests
Selected Research Projects
- Molecular microenvironment of the degenerative canine joint
- Retinoblastoma gene expression and function in breast adenocarcinoma cells
- Antimicrobial induction of P-glycoprotein expression