- DVM - Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine - 2009
- BS - Duke University - 2005
- Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Nutrition (DACVN)
- Yu MK, Freeman LM, Heinze CR, Parker VJ, Linder DE. Comparison of complication rates in dogs with nasoesophageal versus nasogastric feeding tubes. J Vet Emer Crit Care. 2013; 23(3):300-4.
- Linder, DE. Weighing in on obesity: prevention, treatment and management. Vet Nurse 2012;3(8):502- 507.
- Linder DE, Freeman LM, Morris P, German AJ, Biourge V, Heinze C, Alexander L. Theoretical evaluation of risk for nutritional deficiency with caloric restriction in dogs. Vet Quart 2012; 32:123-9.
- Linder DE, Freeman LM. Evaluation of calorie density and feeding directions for commercially available diets designed for weight loss in dogs and cats. J Am Vet Med Assoc, 2010; 236:74-77.
- Weaver LA, Blaze CA, Linder D, Andrutis KA, Karas AZ. A model for clinical evaluation of perioperative analgesia in the rabbit. J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci, 2010; 49:845-851.
General Research Interests
- Obesity Management
- Client Education & Communication
- Human Animal Interaction (HAI)
Selected Research Projects
- Optimal nutrient profile of weight loss diets
- Small Animal Medicine course (Obesity lecture)
- Adventures in Veterinary Medicine (AVM)
Research Interests by Area
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Obesity, nutritional support of the cancer patient, and renal failure.
Research Interests by Organ System and Disease
Human Animal Interaction (HAI)
- Research and clinical practice of HAI
- AAVN Member (American Academy of Veterinary Nutrition)
- BNORC Member (Boston Nutrition Obesity Research Center)
- AAH-ABV Member (The American Association of Human-Animal Bond Veterinarians)