- DVM - Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine - 2009
- BS - Duke University - 2005
- Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Nutrition (DACVN)
- Linder, D.E., Sacheck, J.M., Noubary, F., Nelson, M.E., Freeman, L.M. 2017. Dog attachment and perceived social support in overweight/obese and healthy weight children. Preventive Medicine Reports.
- Linder, D.E., Mueller, M.K., Gibbs, D.M., Alper, J.A., Freeman, L.M. 2017. Effects of an Animal-Assisted Intervention on Reading Skills and Attitudes in Second Grade Students. Early Childhood Education Journal.
- Abood, S.K., Linder, D., Morgan, S. 2017. Possible effect of diet on stress and neuroendocrine parameters in dogs with behavioural disorders. Veterinary Record.
- Linder, D.E., Parker, V.J. 2016. Dietary Aspects of Weight Management in Cats and Dogs. Veterinary Clinics of North America - Small Animal Practice.
- Lenihan, D., McCobb, E., Diurba, A., Linder, D., Freeman, L. 2016. Measuring the Effects of Reading Assistance Dogs on Reading Ability and Attitudes in Elementary Schoolchildren. Journal of Research in Childhood Education.
- Prantil, L.R., Markovich, J.E., Heinze, C.R., Linder, D.E., Tams, T.R., Freeman, L.M. 2016. Nutritional analysis and microbiological evaluation of commercially available enteral diets for cats. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Sapowicz, S.A., Linder, D.E., Freeman, L.M. 2016. Body Condition Scores and Evaluation of Feeding Habits of Dogs and Cats at a Low Cost Veterinary Clinic and a General Practice. Scientific World Journal.
- Johnson, L.N., Linder, D.E., Heinze, C.R., Kehs, R.L., Freeman, L.M. 2016. Evaluation of owner experiences and adherence to home-cooked diet recipes for dogs. Journal of Small Animal Practice.
- Johnson, L.N., Heinze, C.R., Linder, D.E., Freeman, L.M. 2015. Evaluation of marketing claims, ingredients, and nutrient profiles of over-the-counter diets marketed for skin and coat health of dogs. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Linder, D., Mueller, M. 2014. Pet obesity management: Beyond nutrition. Veterinary Clinics of North America - Small Animal Practice.
- Brooks, D., Churchill, J., Fein, K., Linder, D., Michel, K.E., Tudor, K., Ward, E., Witzel, A. 2014. 2014 AAHA weight management guidelines for dogs and cats. Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association.
- Linder, D.E., Freeman, L.M., Sutherland-Smith, J. 2013. Association between subcutaneous fat thickness measured on thoracic radiographs and body condition score in dogs. American Journal of Veterinary Research.
- Linder, D.E., Freeman, L.M., Holden, S.L., Biourge, V., German, A.J. 2013. Status of selected nutrients in obese dogs undergoing caloric restriction. BMC Veterinary Research.
- Yu, M.K., Freeman, L.M., Heinze, C.R., Parker, V.J., Linder, D.E. 2013. Comparison of complication rates in dogs with nasoesophageal versus nasogastric feeding tubes. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Linder, D.E., Freeman, L.M., Morris, P., German, A.J., Biourge, V., Heinze, C., Alexander, L. 2012. Theoretical evaluation of risk for nutritional deficiency with caloric restriction in dogs. Veterinary Quarterly.
- Weaver, L.A., Blaze, C.A., Linder, D.E., Andrutis, K.A., Karas, A.Z. 2010. A model for clinical evaluation of perioperative analgesia in rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus). Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science.
- Linder, D.E., Freeman, L.M. 2010. Evaluation of calorie density and feeding directions for commercially available diets designed for weight loss in dogs and cats. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
General Research Interests
- Obesity Management
- Client Education & Communication
- Human Animal Interaction (HAI)
Selected Research Projects
- Optimal nutrient profile of weight loss diets
Research and Clinical Interests
- Obesity Management in Dogs and Cats
- Collaborative Obesity Projects in Human and Animal Health
- Human Animal Interaction (HAI) in Clinical Practice and Research
- Small Animal Medicine course (Obesity lecture)
- Adventures in Veterinary Medicine (AVM)
Research Interests by Area
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Obesity, nutritional support of the cancer patient, and renal failure.
Research Interests by Organ System and Disease
Human Animal Interaction (HAI)
- Research and clinical practice of HAI
- AAVN Member (American Academy of Veterinary Nutrition)
- BNORC Member (Boston Nutrition Obesity Research Center)
- AAH-ABV Member (The American Association of Human-Animal Bond Veterinarians)