- DVM - Cornell University - 1985
- BS - Simmons College - 1978
House Officer Training
- ACVIM Small Animal Medicine - TCSVM
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal)
- Kibler, L., Heinze, C.R., Webster, C.R.L. 2020. Serum vitamin D status in sick cats with and without cholestatic liver disease. Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery.
- Ullal, T., Ambrosini, Y., Rao, S., Webster, C.R.L., Twedt, D. 2019. Retrospective evaluation of cyclosporine in the treatment of presumed idiopathic chronic hepatitis in dogs. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Jaffey, J.A., Pavlick, M., Webster, C.R., Moore, G.E., McDaniel, K.A., Blois, S.L., Brand, E.M., Reich, C.F., Motschenbacher, L., Hostnik, E.T., Su, D., Lidbury, J.A., Raab, O., Carr, S.V., Mabry, K.E., Fox-Alvarez, W., Townsend, S., Palermo, S., Nakazono, Y., Ohno, K., VanEerde, E., Fieten, H., Hulsman, A.H., Cooley-Lock, K., Dunning, M., Kisielewicz, C., Zoia, A., Caldin, M., Conti-Patara, A., Ross, L., Mansfield, C., Lynn, O., Claus, M.A., Watson, P.J., Swallow, A., Yool, D.A., Gommeren, K., Knops, M., Ceplecha, V., de Rooster, H., Lobetti, R., Dossin, O., Jolivet, F., Papazoglou, L.G., Pappalardo, M.C.F., Manczur, F., Dudás-Györki, Z., O'Neill, E.J., Martinez, C., Gal, A., Owen, R.L., Gunn, E., Brown, K., Harder, L.K., Griebsch, C., Anfinsen, K.P., Gron, T.K., Marchetti, V., Heilmann, R.M., Pazzi, P., DeClue, A.E. 2019. Effect of clinical signs, endocrinopathies, timing of surgery, hyperlipidemia, and hyperbilirubinemia on outcome in dogs with gallbladder mucocele. Veterinary Journal.
- Pavlick, M., Webster, C.R.L., Penninck, D.G. 2019. Bleeding risk and complications associated with percutaneous ultrasound-guided liver biopsy in cats. Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery.
- Webster, C.R.L., Center, S.A., Cullen, J.M., Penninck, D.G., Richter, K.P., Twedt, D.C., Watson, P.J. 2019. ACVIM consensus statement on the diagnosis and treatment of chronic hepatitis in dogs. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Park, S.W., Webster, C.R.L., Anwer, M.S. 2017. Mechanism of inhibition of taurolithocholate-induced retrieval of plasma membrane MRP2 by cyclic AMP and tauroursodeoxycholate. Physiological Reports.
- Webster, C.R.L. 2017. Hemostatic Disorders Associated with Hepatobiliary Disease. Veterinary Clinics of North America - Small Animal Practice.
- Fry, W., Lester, C., Etedali, N.M., Shaw, S., DeLaforcade, A., Webster, C.R.L. 2017. Thromboelastography in Dogs with Chronic Hepatopathies. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Buckley, F.I., Mahony, O., Webster, C.R.L. 2017. Adrenal function in cats with cholestatic liver disease. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation.
- Daure, E., Ross, L., Webster, C.R.L. 2017. Gastroduodenal ulceration in small animals: Part 2. Proton pump inhibitors and histamine-2 receptor antagonists. Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association.
- Daure, E., Ross, L., Webster, C.R.L. 2017. Gastroduodenal ulceration in small animals: Part 1. Pathophysiology and epidemiology. Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association.
- Lester, C., Cooper, J., Peters, R.M., Webster, C.R. 2016. Retrospective evaluation of acute liver failure in dogs (1995-2012): 49 cases. Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care (San Antonio, Tex. : 2001).
- Schonhoff, C.M., Park, S.W., Webster, C.R.L., Anwer, M.S. 2016. p38 MAPK Î± and Î² isoforms differentially regulate plasma membrane localization of MRP2. American Journal of Physiology - Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology.
- Webster, C.R.L., Anwer, M.S. 2016. Hydrophobic bile acid apoptosis is regulated by sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor 2 in rat hepatocytes and human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. American Journal of Physiology - Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology.
- Kelley, D., Lester, C., Shaw, S., de Laforcade, A., Webster, C.R.L. 2015. Thromboelastographic evaluation of dogs with acute liver disease. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Webster, C.R.L., Johnston, A.N., Sawkat Anwer, M. 2014. Protein kinase CÎ´ protects against bile acid apoptosis by suppressing proapoptotic JNK and BIM pathways in human and rat hepatocytes. American Journal of Physiology - Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology.
- Won Park, S., Schonhoff, C.M., Anwer, M.S., Webster, C.R.L. 2014. Rab11, but not Rab4, facilitates cyclic AMP- and tauroursodeoxycholate-induced MRP2 translocation to the plasma membrane. American Journal of Physiology - Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology.
- Gladwin, N.E., Penninck, D.G., Webster, C.R.L. 2014. Ultrasonographic evaluation of the thickness of the wall layers in the intestinal tract of dogs. American Journal of Veterinary Research.
- Tucker, S., Penninck, D.G., Keating, J.H., Webster, C.R. 2014. Clinicopathological and ultrasonographic features of cats with eosinophilic enteritis. Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery.
- Kelley, D., Lester, C., Delaforcade, A., Webster, C.R.L. 2013. Thromboelastographic evaluation of dogs with congenital portosystemic shunts. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
General Research Interests
- Cholestatic liver disease in dogs and cats, coagulation in liver disease dogs and cats, copper associated and immune mediated chronic hepatitis in dogs, cholangitis in cats
- Animal based engineering and science challenges in K-12
Selected Research Projects
- Pathophysiology of cholestatic liver disease in dogs and cats
- Assessment of bleeding and thrombotic risk in dogs and cats with cholestatic liver disease
- Biomarkers in liver disease in dogs and cats
- Coagulation and liver disease.
Research and Clinical Interests
- Molecular mechanisms of pathogenesis in cholestatic liver disease.
- Diagnosis and therapeutic intervention in canine and feline cholestatic liver disease.
- Human animal interaction in motivation and identity in STEM careers in middle school children
- Gastrointestinal/hepatic pathology/pharmacology
- Small animal medicine, gastrointestinal/hepatic medicine
- Clinical rotations, small animal medicine
Research Interests by Area
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Chronic hepatitis in dogs including Labrador hepatopathy, chronic cholangiopathies in cats, gastrointestinal/hepatobiliary neoplasia, hepatic steatosis in cats, hepatic nodular hyperplasia, inflammatory bowel disease, pancreatitis, inflammatory bowel disease, hepatocutaneous syndrome, congenital vascular anomalies, fibropolycystic liver diseases