- DVM - Cornell University - 1985
- BS - Simmons College - 1978
House Officer Training
- ACVIM Small Animal Medicine - TCSVM
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal)
- Penninck DG, Zeyen U, Taeymans ON, Webster CRL. Ultrasonographic measurement of the pancreas and pancreatic duct in clinically normal dogs.Am J Vet Res. 2013;74:433-7.
- Weissman A, Penninck D, Webster CRL, Hecht S, Keating J, Craig LE.Ultrasonographic and clinicopathological features of feline gastrointestinal eosinophilic sclerosing fibroplasia in 4 cats J Fel Med Surg 2013;15: 148-154.
- Park S, Schonhoff C, Webster, CRL, Anwer M. (2012). Protein kinase Cδ differentially regulates cAMP-dependent translocation of NTCP and MRP2 to the plasma membrane Am J Physiol2012 303: G657-665.
- Respess M, O Toole T, Taeysmans O, Rogers C, Webster CRL. Portal vein thrombosis in dogs J Vet Intern Med J Vet Intern Med. 2012;26(2):230-7
- Kavanagh C, Shaw S, Webster CRL.Coagulation in liver disease. J Vet Emer Crit Care J Vet Emer Crit Care 2011;21: 589–604
- Johnston A, Ponzetti K, Anwer MS, Webster CRL. cAMP-guanine exchange factor protection from bile acid induced hepatocyte apoptosis involves glycogen synthase kinase regulation of C-Jun- NH terminal kinase Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver;2011; 301(2):G385- G400
- Taeymans O, Holt N, Penninck DG, Webster CRL. Ultrasonographic characterization of feline ileocececolic abnormalities. Vet Radiol Ultrasound.2011;52(3):335-9
- Buob S, Johnston AN, Webster CR. Portal hypertension: pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment. J Vet Intern Med. 2011; 25(2):169-86. PMID:21382073.
- Hohenester S, Gates A, Wimmer R, Beuers U, Anwer MS, Rust C, Webster CRL. Phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase p110 gamma contributes to bile salt-induced apoptosis in primary rat hepatocytes and human hepatoma cells. J Hepatol. 2010; 53(5):918-26.
- Penninck D, Brissan JO, Webster CRL. The sonographic assessment of gallbladder volume in normal cats. Vet Rad Ultrasound. 2010; 51(6):665-6.
- Ponzetti K, Anwer SA, King M, Gates A, Webster CRL. Cyclic AMP-guanine exchange factor activation inhibits JNK dependent lipopolysaccharide induced apoptosis in rat hepatocytes. 2010. Hepatic Medicine: Evidence and Research. Hepat Med 2010:.2: 1- 11.
- Schonhoff CM, Webster CR, Anwer MS. Cyclic AMP stimulates MRP 2 translocation by activating p38 alpha MAPK in hepatic cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010; 298(5):G667-674. PMID: 20203059.
- Schonhoff CM, Yamazaki A, Hohenester S, Webster CR, Bouscarel B, Anwer MS. PKC epsilon-dependent and independent effects of taurolithocholate on PI3K/PKB pathway and taurocholate uptake in Huh7-NTCP cell line. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009; 297(6):G1259-67. PMID: 19815625.
General Research Interests
- Cholestatic liver disease in dogs and cats, bile acid hepatotoxicity, hepatocyte apoptosis/survival signaling.
Selected Research Projects
- Role of cAMP signaling through cAMP-GEF in hepatocyte survival.
- Role of bile acid apoptosis in cholestatic liver disease.
- Novel stem cell intervention in cholestatic liver disease in dogs and cats.
- Coagulation and liver disease.
- Gastrointestinal/hepatic pathology/pharmacology
- Small animal medicine, gastrointestinal/hepatic medicine
- Clinical rotations, small animal medicine
- Pathobiology: Cholestasis
Research Interests by Area
- Mechanism of hepatocellular apoptosis; pathophysiology of feline and canine hepatic disorder
- Pathophysiology of feline and canine hepatic disorders
- Cholestatic liver disorders in dogs and cats; Coagulation in liver disease in dogs and cats. Basic: Mechanisms of bile formation; bile acid signaling; hepatotoxicity
- Clinical application of stem cells for liver disease.
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Chronic hepatitis in dogs including Labrador hepatopathy, chronic cholangiopathies in cats, gastrointestinal/hepatobiliary neoplasia, hepatic steatosis in cats, hepatic nodular hyperplasia, inflammatory bowel disease, pancreatitis, inflammatory bowel disease, hepatocutaneous syndrome, congenital vascular anomalies, fibropolycystic liver diseases
Major Specialized Equipment
- Fully equipped cell biology laboratory.
- Isolation and culture of primary hepatocytes.