- MBA - San Diego State University - 2001
- PhD - Duke University - 1996
- B.V.Sc. - University of Queensland, Australia - 1975
- American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia (ACVAA)
- Blaze, C.A., Faissler, D., Schneider, B., Maranda, L., Barton, B., Simon, R.F., Dodman, N.H. 2016. The effect of acepromazine on electroencephalographic activity in normal sedated dogs. International Journal of Applied Research in Veterinary Medicine.
- Krein, S.R., Lindsey, J.C., Blaze, C.A., Wetmore, L.A. 2014. Evaluation of risk factors, including fluconazole administration, for prolonged anesthetic recovery times in horses undergoing general anesthesia for ocular surgery: 81 cases (2006-2013). Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Kudej, R.K., Blaze, C. 2013. Pectus Excavatum. Small Animal Soft Tissue Surgery.
- Weaver, L.A., Blaze, C.A., Linder, D.E., Andrutis, K.A., Karas, A.Z. 2010. A model for clinical evaluation of perioperative analgesia in rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus). Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science.
- Bretz, B., Blaze, C., Parry, N., Kudej, R.K. 2010. Ischemic postconditioning does not attenuateischemia-reperfusion injury of rabbit small intestine. Veterinary Surgery.
- Abelson, A.L., McCobb, E.C., Shaw, S., Armitage-Chan, E., Wetmore, L.A., Karas, A.Z., Blaze, C. 2009. Use of wound soaker catheters for the administration of local anesthetic for post-operative analgesia: 56 cases. Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia.
- Bysani, G.K., Kennedy, T.P., Ky, N., Rao, N.V., Blaze, C.A., Hoidal, J.R. 1990. Role of cytochrome P-450 in reperfusion injury of the rabbit lung. Journal of Clinical Investigation.
- Blaze, C.A., LeBlanc, P.H., Robinson, N.E. 1988. Effect of withholding feed on ventilation and the incidence of regurgitation during halothane anesthesia of adult cattle. American Journal of Veterinary Research.
- Stanisiewski, E.P., Ames, N.K., Chapin, L.T., Blaze, C.A., Tucker, H.A. 1988. Effect of pinealectomy on prolactin, testosterone and luteinizing hormone concentration in plasma of bull calves exposed to 8 or 16 hours of light per day.. Journal of animal science.
- BLAZE, C.A., HOLLAND, R.E., GRANT, A.L. 1988. Gas Exchange during Xylazine–ketamine Anesthesia in Neonatal Calves. Veterinary Surgery.
- Reuter, R., Blaze, C. 1987. Anaesthesia of guinea pigs.. Veterinary Record.
- Wetmore, L.A., Derksen, F.J., Blaze, C.A., Eyster, G.E. 1987. Mixed venous oxygen tension as an estimate of cardiac output in anesthetized horses.. American Journal of Veterinary Research.
- Blaze, C.A., Robinson, N.E. 1987. Apneic oxygenation in anesthetized ponies and horses. Veterinary Research Communications.
General Research Interests
- Reflux during anesthesia
- One lung ventilation
Research and Clinical Interests
- Veterinary anesthesia all species
Research Interests by Area
Pain Management and Alternatives
- Post surgical analgesia for rabbits