- DVM - Tufts University - 1997
- BS - Cornell University - 1993
- Dorsey, T.I., Rozanski, E.A., Sharp, C.R., Babyak, J.M., de Laforcade, A.M. 2018. Evaluation of thromboelastography in bitches with pyometra. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation.
- Marschner, C.B., Kristensen, A.T., Rozanski, E.A., McEvoy, F.J., Kühnel, L., Taeymans, O., de Laforcade, A., Sato, A.F., Wiinberg, B. 2017. Diagnosis of canine pulmonary thromboembolism by computed tomography and mathematical modelling using haemostatic and inflammatory variables. Veterinary Journal.
- Frydman, G.H., Metcalf Pate, K.A., Marini, R.P., de Laforcade, A.M., Bosch, I., Bakthavatchalu, V., Muthupalani, S., Swennes, A.G., Lyons, C.E., Tompkins, R.G., Fox, J.G. 2017. Adult-onset, chronic, cyclic thrombocytopenia in a Rhesus macaque (Macaca mulatta) after dengue virus vaccination and viral challenge. Veterinary Clinical Pathology.
- Yang, V.K., Cunningham, S.M., Rush, J.E., de Laforcade, A. 2016. The use of rivaroxaban for the treatment of thrombotic complications in four dogs. Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care (San Antonio, Tex. : 2001).
- Da’dara, A.A., de Laforcade, A.M., Skelly, P.J. 2016. The impact of schistosomes and schistosomiasis on murine blood coagulation and fibrinolysis as determined by thromboelastography (TEG). Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis.
- Fletcher, D.J., Rozanski, E.A., Brainard, B.M., de Laforcade, A.M., Brooks, M.B. 2016. Assessment of the relationships among coagulopathy, hyperfibrinolysis, plasma lactate, and protein C in dogs with spontaneous hemoperitoneum. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Lynch, A.M., Respess, M., Boll, A.E., Bozych, M., Mcmichael, M., Fletcher, D.J., De Laforcade, A.M., Rozanski, E.A. 2016. Hospital-acquired Anemia in Critically Ill Dogs and Cats: A Multi-Institutional Study. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Majoy, S.B., de Laforcade, A.M., Barnard, M.R., Shaw, S.P. 2015. Platelet activation in a population of critically ill dogs as measured with whole blood flow cytometry and thromboelastography. American Journal of Veterinary Research.
- Kelley, D., Lester, C., Shaw, S., de Laforcade, A., Webster, C.R.L. 2015. Thromboelastographic evaluation of dogs with acute liver disease. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Grochowsky, A.R., Rozanski, E.A., de Laforcade, A.M., Sharp, C.R., Meola, D.M., Schavone, J.J., Brooks, M.B. 2014. An ex vivo evaluation of efficacy of refrigerated canine plasma. Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care (San Antonio, Tex. : 2001).
- de Laforcade, A. 2014. Systemic inflammatory response syndrome. Small Animal Critical Care Medicine, Second Edition.
- de Laforcade, A., Silverstein, D.C. 2014. Shock. Small Animal Critical Care Medicine, Second Edition.
- De Laforcade, A., Goggs, R., Wiinberg, B. 2014. Systematic evaluation of evidence on veterinary viscoelastic testing Part 3: Assay activation and test protocol. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Goggs, R., Brainard, B., De Laforcade, A.M., Flatland, B., Hanel, R., Mcmichael, M., Wiinberg, B. 2014. Partnership on Rotational ViscoElastic Test Standardization (PROVETS): Evidence-based guidelines on rotational viscoelastic assays in veterinary medicine. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Aslanian, M.E., Sharp, C.R., Rozanski, E.A., de Laforcade, A.M., Rishniw, M., Brooks, M.B. 2014. Clinical outcome after diagnosis of hemophilia a in dogs. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Trow, A.V., Rozanski, E., De Laforcade, A. 2013. Respiratory Emergencies and Pleural Space Disease. Feline Emergency and Critical Care Medicine.
- Abelson, A.L., O'Toole, T.E., Johnston, A., Respess, M., de Laforcade, A.M. 2013. Hypoperfusion and acute traumatic coagulopathy in severely traumatized canine patients.. Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care (San Antonio, Tex. : 2001).
- de Laforcade, A. 2012. Diseases Associated with Thrombosis. Topics in Companion Animal Medicine.
- De Laforcade, A.M. 2009. Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome. Small Animal Critical Care Medicine.
- de Laforcade, A.M., Silverstein, D.C. 2009. Shock. Small Animal Critical Care Medicine.
General Research Interests
Coagulation changes in critical illness and in severe trauma; development of protocols for anticoagulant use in the veterinary setting; monitoring anticoagulation therapy; diagnosis and management of severe sepsis and septic shock; alterations in microvascular perfusion in trauma and in critical illness.
Selected Research Projects
- Evaluation of thromboelastography as a sensitive marker of coagulation abnormalities in sepsis.
- Evaluation of thromboelastography in dogs following severe trauma.
- Evaluating abdominal fluid cytology, biochemistry, and culture in dogs post-operatively following source control for abdominal sepsis.
Research Interests by Area
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Coagulopathies associated with sepsis, liver disease, renal disease, rodenticide, DIC, and trauma. Immune-mediated hemolytic anemia and thrombocytopenia
Research Interests by Organ System and Disease
Emergency and Critical Care
- Evaluation of thrombo-elastography as a sensitive marker of coagulation abnormalities in sepsis and in dogs following severe trauma. Coagulopathies, clinical critical care research, hypercoagulability and thormbosis, anticoagulation monitoring
Major Specialized Equipment
- ACL Elite hemostasis analyzer
- Multiplate aggregometer
- Microscan video microscope