- DVM - Tufts University - 1997
- BS - Cornell University - 1993
- Majoy SB, deLaforcade AM, Barnard MR, et al. Platelet activation in a hospitalized population of critically ill dogs as measured by whole blood flow cytometry and thromboelastography. Am J Vet Res 2015; 76(4): 328-337.
- Kelley D, Lester C, Shaw S, de Laforcade A, Webster C. Thromboelastographic evaluation of dogs with acute liver disease. J Vet Intern Med 2015; 29:1053-1062.
- Fletcher D, Rozanski EA, Brainard B, deLaforcade AM, Brooks M. Assessment of the relationships among coagulopathy, hyperfibrinolysis, plasma lactate, and protein C in dog with spontaneous hemoperitoneum. J Vet Emerg Crit Care 2015; 26(1): 41-51.
- Morris B, deLaforcade AM, Lee J, et al. Effects of in vitro hemodilution with crystalloids, colloids, and plasma on canine whole blood coagulation as determined by kaolin-activated thromboelastography. J Vet Emerg Crit Care 2016; 26(1):28-63.
- Yang VK, Cunningham SM, Rush JE, de Laforcade A. The use of rivaroxaban for the treatment of thrombotic complications in four dogs. J Vet Emerg Crit Care 2016; 26(5):729-36.
- Lynch AM, deLaforcade AM, Meola D, et al. Assessment of hemostatic changes in a model of acute hemorrhage in dogs. J Vet Emerg Crit Care 2016; 26(3):333-343.
- Da'dara AA, deLaforcade AM, Skelly PJ. The impact of schistosomes and schistosomiasis on murine blood coagulation and fibrinolysis as determined by thromboelastography (TEG). J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2016; 41(4): 671-677.
- Crane C, Rozanski EA, Abelson AL, deLaforcade A. Severe brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome is associated with hypercoagulability in dogs. J Vet Diag Invest 2017; 29(4):570-573.
- Lynch AM, Respess M, Boll AE, Bozych M, McMichael M, Fletcher DJ, deLaforcade AM, Rozanski EA. Hospital-acquired anemia in critically ill dgos and cats: a multi-institutional study. J Vet Intern Med 2016; 30(1):141-146.
- Fry W, Lester C, Etedali NM, Shaw S, deLaforcade A, Webster CR. Thromboelastography in dogs with chronic hepatopathies. J Vet Intern Med 2017; 31(2):419-426.
- Buckley F, Mahony O, deLaforcade A, Webster C. Adrenal function in cats with cholestatic hepatobiliary disease. In press, J Vet DIag Inv
- Frydman GH, Metcalf Pate KA, Marini RP, deLaforcade AM, et al. Adult-onset, chronic, cyclic thrombocytopenia in a rhesus macaque (Macaca mulatta) after dengue virus vaccination and viral challenge. Vet Clin Pathol 2017; 46(2): 238-247.
- Dorsey TI, Monaghan KN, Respess M, Labato MA, Babyak JM, Sharp CR, Rozanski EA, deLaforcade AM. Influence of urinary bladder flushing on duration of catheterization, hospitalization and recurrence in cats with urethral obstruction. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2017; in press.
- Goggs R, Borrelli A, Brainard B, Chan D, deLaforcade A, et al. Multicenter in vitro TEG-ROTEM standardization. J Vet Emerg Crit Care 2018; doi: 10.1111/vec.12710 (Epub ahead of print).
- Dorsey TI, Rozanski EA, Sharp CR, deLaforcade AM. Evaluation of thromboelastography in bitches with pyometra. J Vet Diag Invest 2017;30(1): 165-168.
- Vaught ME, Rozanski EA, deLaforcade AM. Effect of transoral tracheal wash on respiratory mechanics in dogs with respiratory disease. Can J Vet Res 2018; 82(1):75-79.
- Elzoheiry M, Da’Dara AA, deLaforcade AM, El Beshbishi SN, Skelly PJ. The essential ectoenzyme SmNPP5 from the human intravascular parasite shcistosoma mansoni is an ADPase and a potent inhibitor of platelet aggregation. Thromb Haemost 2018; doi: 10.1055/s-0038-1641715 (Epub ahead of print).
- Marschner CB, Kristensen AT, Rozanski EA, McEvoy FJ, Kuhnel L, Taeymans O, de Laforcade A, Sato AF, WIinberg B. Diagnosis of canine pulmonary thromboembolism by computed tomography and mathematical modelling using haemostatic and inflammatory variables. Vet J 2017; 229:6-12.
General Research Interests
Coagulation changes in critical illness and in severe trauma; development of protocols for anticoagulant use in the veterinary setting; monitoring anticoagulation therapy; diagnosis and management of severe sepsis and septic shock; alterations in microvascular perfusion in trauma and in critical illness.
Selected Research Projects
- Evaluation of thromboelastography as a sensitive marker of coagulation abnormalities in sepsis.
- Evaluation of thromboelastography in dogs following severe trauma.
- Evaluating abdominal fluid cytology, biochemistry, and culture in dogs post-operatively following source control for abdominal sepsis.
Research Interests by Area
Spontaneous Animal Disease Models
- Coagulopathies associated with sepsis, liver disease, renal disease, rodenticide, DIC, and trauma. Immune-mediated hemolytic anemia and thrombocytopenia
Research Interests by Organ System and Disease
Emergency and Critical Care
- Evaluation of thrombo-elastography as a sensitive marker of coagulation abnormalities in sepsis and in dogs following severe trauma. Coagulopathies, clinical critical care research, hypercoagulability and thormbosis, anticoagulation monitoring
Major Specialized Equipment
- ACL Elite hemostasis analyzer
- Multiplate aggregometer
- Microscan video microscope