- DSc - Harvard School of Public Health - 1986
- DVM - University of Florida - 1980
- MS – University of Miami - 1975
- BS - Vassar College - 1972
American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Selected peer-reviewed publications
- Warner AE. Pulmonary intravascular macrophages: Role in acute lung injury. Clinics in Chest Med. 1996; 17:125-135.
- Morin MJ, Warner AE, Fields BN. Reovirus injection in rat lungs as a model to study the pathogenesis of viral pneumonia. J Virol. 1996; 70:541-548.
- Frevert CW, Warner AE, Weller E, Brain JD. The effect of endotoxin on in vivo rat alveolar macrophage phagocytosis. Exp Lung Res. 1998; 24:745-758.
- Brain JD, Molina RM, DeCamp MM, Warner AE. Pulmonary Intravasclar macrophages: their contribution to the mononuclear phagocyte system in 13 species. Am J Physiol 1999; 276 (Lung Cell Mol Physiol 20):L146-L154.
- Brain JD, Molina RM, DeCamp MM, Warner AE. Effects of a perfluorochemical emulsion on the fate of circulating Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Am J Physiol. 1999;276 (Lung Cell Mol Physiol 20):L1037-L1045.
- Rawn J, DeCamp MM, Swanson SJ, Warner AE, Warren H, Mentzer SJ. Angiocentric recruitment of lymphocytes into the lung after the intrabronchial instillation of antigen. Exp Lung Res. 2000; 26:89-103.
Research and Clinical Interests
- Developed and direct Master’s Degree program in Laboratory Animal Medicine
- Respiratory physiology, pulmonary macrophage function
- Respiratory Physiology
- Respiratory Pathophysiology
- Veterinary Medical Ethics
- Introduction to Laboratory Animal Medicine
1980-present American Veterinary Medical Association
1986-1998 Comparative Respiratory Society
1986-present American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Diplomate
1988-1995 American Thoracic Society
1991-1995 Society for Leukocyte Biology
1998-present American Association of Laboratory Animal Science
2006-2008 Scientist Center for Animal Welfare
Elected to the Cummings School Faculty Hall of Fame at the 32d Annual Veterinary Alumni Reunion 2018.
- Recipient of a 2017 Cummings Teaching Seed Grant titled Use of Equine-assisted Learning for Stress Reduction in Veterinary Students.