- BA Bowdoin College
- DVM Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
- Residency Cerificate Small and Large Animal Anesthesia
- Residency Certificate Small Animal Emergency & Critical Care
- Use of mycophenolate mofetil as a rescue agent in the treatment of severe generalized myasthenia gravis in three dogs. Abelson A, Shelton D, Whelan M, et al. JVECC 2009;19(4):369-374.
- A comparison of epidural morphine with low dose bupivacaine versus epidural morphine alone on motor and respiratory function in dogs following splenectomy. Abelson AL, Armitage-Chan E, Lindsey JC, Wetmore LA. 2011 May;38(3):213-23.
General Research Interests
- Transfusion medicine
- Abdominal sepsis
Selected Research Projects
- Clinical Skills I and II Course Director
Research Interests by Organ System and Disease
Emergency and Critical Care
- Protocol driven clinical practice, trauma, transfusion medicine