A native of New England, Dr. Oura received her Bachelor’s degree in Biology at the University of New Hampshire before working with marine mammals and avian and reptile species during zookeeper externship programs. She then worked in the Lung Function Laboratory of the Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine under the guidance of Dr. Andrew Hoffman before completing her DVM at Tufts in 2008. She then completed a small animal internship and a diagnostic imaging residency at North Carolina State University. Following board certification by the American College of Veterinary Radiology, she completed a post-doctoral teaching position at NCSU. She recently returned to New England and has worked at Tufts VETS and as a teleradiology consultant for IDEXX Laboratories. She joined Diagnostic Imaging faculty in 2014 and has particular interest in pulmonary CT and imaging of the respiratory system in general. She is also interested in abdominal CT, specifically angiography.
Dr. Oura lives in Grafton with her veterinary anatomic pathologist husband, their children, and one dog.
- DVM-Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, 2008
- BS-University of New Hampshire, 1998
- Diplomate American College of Veterinary Radiology, 2012
- DiVincenzo, M.J., Frydman, G.H., Kowaleski, M.P., Vanderburg, C.R., Lai, B., Oura, T.J., Jennings, S.H. 2017. Metallosis in a Dog as a Long-Term Complication Following Total Hip Arthroplasty. Veterinary Pathology.
- Reetz, J.A., Caceres, A.V., Suran, J.N., Oura, T.J., Zwingenberger, A.L., Mai, W. 2013. Sensitivity, positive predictive value, and interobserver variability of computed tomography in the diagnosis of bullae associated with spontaneous pneumothorax in dogs: 19 cases (2003-2012). Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Oura, T., Rozanski, E.A., Buckley, G., Bedenice, D. 2012. Low tidal volume ventilation in healthy dogs. Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
- Oura, T.J., Rozanski, E.A., King, R.G., Sato, A.F. 2008. What is your diagnosis? Traumatic pulmonary pseudocysts.. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Bach, J.F., Rozanski, E.A., Bedenice, D., Chan, D.L., Freeman, L.M., Lofgren, J.L.S., Oura, T.J., Hoffman, A.M. 2007. Association of expiratory airway dysfunction with marked obesity in healthy adult dogs. American Journal of Veterinary Research.
- Hoffman, A.M., Oura, T.J., Riedelberger, K.J., Mazan, M.R. 2007. Plethysmographic comparison of breathing pattern in heaves (recurrent airway obstruction) versus experimental bronchoconstriction or hyperpnea in horses. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
General Research Interests
- Pulmonary CT
- Abdominal CT Angiography
- Respiratory Imaging