- Senior Pathologist at the Kimron Veterinary Institute, Israel (2017-2019)
- Lecturer, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University (2015-2017)
- 2009-2014- Residency in anatomic pathology. Koret veterinary teaching hospital at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Israel) and University of Helsinki (Finland)
- University of Bologna, “Alma Mater Studiorum”, Bologna, Italy, 2005
Board CertificationAmerican College of Veterinary Pathologists (Anatomic Pathology)
- Feline Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: The Consequence of Cardiomyocyte-Initiated and Macrophage-Driven Remodeling Processes? Kitz S, Fonfara S, Hahn S, Hetzel U, Kipar A. Vet Pathol. 2019 Mar 21 [Epub ahead of print]
- Extracardiac intrapericardial myxosarcoma causing right ventricular outflow tract obstruction in a dog. Karlin ET, Yang VK, Prabhakar M, Gregorich SL, Hahn S, Rush JE. J Vet Cardiol. 2018 Apr;20(2):129-135. . Epub 2018 Mar 1.
- Bouznach A, Hahn S, Stram Y, Menasherov S, Edery N, Shicahtn N, Kenigswald G, Perl S, 2013. Case Report: Contagious Ecthyma - Deviations in the Anatomical Appearance of Lesions in an Outbreak in Lambs in Israel. Israel journal of Veterinary Medicine, Dec..4, 246-251.
- Baneth G, Sheiner A, Eyal O, Hahn S, Beaufils JP, Anug Y, Talmi-Frank D, 2013.Redescription of Hepatozoon felis (Apicomplexa: Hepatozoidae) based on phylogenetic analysis, tissue and blood form morphology, and possible transplacental transmission. Parasit Vectors. Apr 15;6, 102.
- Hahn S, Edery N, Bouznach A, Shicaht N, Perl S, 2012.et.al, Sudden Death Due to Myocardial Necrosis in Imported Calves. Israel Journal of Veterinary Medicine, Dec.21, 259-263.
- Nivy R, Hahn S, Perl S, Karnieli A, Aroch I, 2012.A Fatal Outbreak of Parvovirus Infection: First Detection of Canine Parvovirus Type 2c in Israel. Israel Journal of Veterinary Medicine, Sep.25, 96-102.
- Equine sarcoid: In situ demonstration of matrix metalloproteinase expression. Mosseri S, Hetzel U, Hahn S, Michaloupoulou E, Sallabank HC, Knottenbelt, KiparA. DC. Vet J. 2014 Nov;202(2):279-85.
- Disseminated alimentary mycobacteriosis in the horse: a retrospective study of nine cases. .J.A.K Monki, M. Hewetson, S. Hahn, K Vainio, T Skrzypczak. Equine Vet. Educ. (2015), Published online doi:10.1111/eve.12393
- Age- and gender-dependent myocardial transcription patterns of cytokines and extracellular matrix remodelling enzymes in cats with non-cardiac diseases. Fonfara S, Hetzel U, Hahn S, Kipar A. Exp Gerontol. 2015 Dec;72:117-23.
Research and Clinical InterestsInfectious Diseases
- Clinical instruction to residents and 4th year veterinary students
- Didactic instruction to 1st and 2nd year veterinary students