Samuel Jennings, DVM, MSpVM, DACVP, is a 2008 graduate of the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine and became a diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Pathologists in 2011 after completing a residency at North Carolina State University. Dr. Jennings oversees the Anatomic Pathology teaching and training program and co-directs and instructs in the 4th yr. Anatomic/Clinical Pathology Rotation. As resident training coordinator, he oversees professional development and board examination preparation. He is the Course Director for the Gastrointestinal Pathophysiology course and also teaches in Respiratory pathophysiology, Organs System Structure & Function, Hemic, Lymphatic, and Clinical Pathology, and in the Advanced Exotic Elective. He is one of the primary diagnostic pathologists on the autopsy and biopsy services. He also serves on the Curriculum Committee.
- DVM - Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine - 2008
- MSpVM - North Carolina State University -2011
- American College of Veterinary Pathologists (Anatomic Pathology)
- DiVincenzo, M.J., Frydman, G.H., Kowaleski, M.P., Vanderburg, C.R., Lai, B., Oura, T.J., Jennings, S.H. 2017. Metallosis in a Dog as a Long-Term Complication Following Total Hip Arthroplasty. Veterinary Pathology.
- Kezer, K.A., Barber, L.G., Jennings, S.H. 2017. Efficacy of dacarbazine as a rescue agent for histiocytic sarcoma in dogs. Veterinary and Comparative Oncology.
- Williams, K., Andrie, K., Cartoceti, A., French, S., Goldsmith, D., Jennings, S., Priestnall, S.L., Wilson, D., Jutkowitz, A. 2016. Pulmonary Veno-Occlusive Disease: A Newly Recognized Cause of Severe Pulmonary Hypertension in Dogs. Veterinary Pathology.
- Mavromatis, M.V., Oura, T.J., Jennings, S.H. 2015. What is your diagnosis?. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Stevens, B.J., Montgomery, S.A., Phillips, K.L., Wester, M.W., Jennings, S.H. 2014. Pathology in practice. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Niemuth, J.N., De Voe, R.S., Jennings, S.H., Loomis, M.R., Troan, B.V. 2014. Malignant hypertension and retinopathy in a western lowland gorilla (Gorilla gorilla gorilla). Journal of Medical Primatology.
- Balakrishnan, N., Pritchard, J., Ericson, M., Grindem, C., Phillips, K., Jennings, S., Mathews, K., Tran, H., Birkenheuer, A.J., Breitschwerdt, E.B. 2014. Prostatitis, steatitis, and diarrhea in a dog following presumptive flea-borne transmission of Bartonella henselae. Journal of Clinical Microbiology.
- Newman, J.C., Prange, T., Jennings, S., Barlow, B.M., Davis, J.L. 2013. Pharmacokinetics of tobramycin following intravenous, intramuscular, and intra-articular administration in healthy horses. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
- Jennings, S.H., Wise, A.G., Nickeleit, V., Maes, R.K., Cianciolo, R.E., Del Piero, F., Law, J.M., Kim, Y., McCalla, A.C., Breuhaus, B.A., Roberts, M.C., Linder, K.E. 2013. Polyomavirus-Associated Nephritis in 2 Horses. Veterinary Pathology.
- Banovic, F., Linder, K., Boone, A., Jennings, S., Murphy, K.M. 2013. Cat scratch-induced Pasteurella multocida necrotizing cellulitis in a dog. Veterinary Dermatology.
- Hummel, J., Grooters, A., Davidson, G., Jennings, S., Nicklas, J., Birkenheuer, A. 2011. Successful management of gastrointestinal pythiosis in a dog using itraconazole, terbinafine, and mefenoxam. Medical Mycology.
General Research Interests
- Respiratory Pathology
- Oncologic Pathology
- Diagnostic Pathology
Research Interests by Organ System and Disease
- Respiratory pathology