Small Ruminant Medicine, Surgery and Reproductive Technologies, Dairy Herd Health
Dr. Gately earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Rhode Island and her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from Texas A&M University. Her teaching experience at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University includes Small Ruminant Medicine, Small Ruminant Surgery, Bovine Reproductive Surgery, Ruminant Parasitology, Food Animal Drug Residues and Clinical Skills 1&2 (Small Ruminant Portions). Dr. Gately has completed research in transabdominal ultrasound to diagnose & stage pregnancy, as well as small ruminant ketosis management. Her additional professional interests include small ruminant pregnancy diagnosis & maintenance, small ruminant assisted reproductive techniques, semen collection & freezing, artificial insemination, embryo collection and transfer and dairy herd health. She is a member and the Scholarship Chairperson for the Northeast Youth Sheep Show Committee and the Vice President for Texel Sheep Breeders Society. As well, Dr. Gately volunteer teaches labs for small ruminant ultrasound and food animal necropsy for the Student Livestock Organization. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family & friends, as well as raising & exhibiting polleddorsets & texel sheep around the country.
- DVM - Texas A&M University
- B.S. - Animal Science and Technology - University of Rhode Island
- Jones, A.K., Gately, R.E., Kellogg, T.D., Zinn, S.A., Govoni, K.E., & Reed, S.A. (2018). Evaluation of the Nova Vet Meter for sheep-side monitoring of β-hydroxybutyric acid (BHBA) and description of ewe BHBA during late gestation in three flocks from the Northeastern U.S. Research in Veterinary Science, 118, 491–497. https://doi.org/10.1016/J.RVSC.2018.05.002
- Jones, A.K., Gately, R.E., McFadden, K.K., Govoni, K.E., & Reed, S.A. (2017). Ultrasound during mid-gestation: Agreement with physical foetal and placental measurements and use in predicting gestational age in sheep. Reproduction in Domestic Animals 52(4), pp. 649-654.
- Jones, A.K., Gately, R.E., McFadden, K.K., Govoni, K.E., & Reed, S.A. (2016). Transabdominal ultrasound for detection of pregnancy, fetal and placental landmarks, and fetal age before Day 45 of gestation in the sheep. Theriogenology 85(5), pp. 939-945.el.