- SD - Harvard School of Public Health - 1993
- MS - Michigan State University - 1987
- DVM - Colorado State University - 1982
- BS - Utah State University - 1977
- American College of Veterinary Anesthesiologists
- Wetmore LA and Glowaski MM. Epidural analgesia in veterinary critical care. Clin Tech Sm Anim Pract 2000; 15:177-188.
- Wetmore LA, Bither JO, Walter J. Partial cloning and sequencing of the horse m opioid receptor. Proc Midwest Anes. Analg. Conference April, 2003.
- Armitage EA, Wetmore LA, Chan DL, Lindsey JC. Evaluation of compliance among nursing staff in administration of prescribed analgesic drugs to critically ill dogs and cats. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2005; 227:425-429.
- Perkowski S and Wetmore LA. The science and art of analgesia. InAdvances in Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia: Companion Animalsedited by R.D. Gleed and J.W. Ludders, International Veterinary Information Service, Ithaca NY, 2006. http://www.ivis.org.
- Wetmore LA. Options for analgesia in dogs. In Advances in Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia: Companion Animals edited by R.D. Gleed and J.W. Ludders, International Veterinary Information Service, Ithaca, NY, 2006. http://www.ivis.org.
General Research Interests
- Molecular characterization of receptors involved in the transmission and treatment of pain. Unique species specific aspects of opioid receptors.
Research Interests by Area
Pain Management and Alternatives
- Molecular characterization of receptors involved in the transmission and treatment of pain, unique species aspects of opioid receptors. Clinical anesthesiology; genetic basis of anesthetic responses