Assisted Reproductive Technologies and Dairy Herd Health
Dr. Lindell received his Bachelor of Science degree from The Citadel, followed by his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine. Among his vast teaching experience, he has been a Food Animal Lecturer at Cummings School since 2005. Dr. Lindell has specific interests in Bovine Embryo Transfer and Food-Born Zoonotic Disease. Prior to arriving at Cummings School, Dr. Lindell owned a large animal ambulatory practice in CT. He has served on the American Embryo Transfer Association’s (AETA) Board of Directors, as a Past President, and is a currently a member of the organization’s Educational Committee. Dr. Lindell spearheaded the current IVF and Embryo Transfer Programs at Cummings School. He is one of the Bovine Reproductive Specialists for the SVF & Smithsonian Biodiversity Preservation Program. Dr. Lindell is an AETA-certified Embryo Transfer Practitioner and an Accredited Ovum Pick Up Practitioner for Boviteq USA. In his free time, Dr. Lindell enjoys traveling.
- DVM - Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine - 1994
- MS - Purdue University - 1994
- BS - The Citadel - 1990
- Induction of Follicular Recruitment Using Dominant Follicle Reduction or Two Doses of Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone. Lindell KA, Bowley SC, Matsas, DJ, White EC, Reproduction, Fertility and Development, Vol 29 (1), October 2017.
- Salmonella Enteritidis – Evaluation of Resistance of Four Strains of Commercial Laying Hens to Experimental Infections with Salmonella Enteritidis. 1994 Poultry Science 73:757-762.
General Research Interests
- Bovine embryo transfer and zoonotic disease
• Indiana Veterinary Medical Association award for superior overall proficiency in large and small animal medicine and surgery 1994
• American Animal Hospital Association award for proficiency in small animal medicine and surgery, 1994
• American College of Veterinary Radiology award for proficiency in clinical Radiology 1994
• Merck and Company award for high GPA 1994