- DVM - New York State College of Veterinary Medicine at Cornell - 1995
- BS - University of New Hampshire - 1991
- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners, Dairy Practice Category
- White EC, Briles WE, Briles RW, and Taylor RL. Response of Six Major Histocompatibility (B) Complex Recombinant Haplotypes to Rous Sarcoma. Poultry Science 1994, 73:836-842.
- White EC and Hinckley LS. Prevalence of Mastitis Pathogens in Goat Milk. Small Ruminant Research 1999, 33:117-121.
- White EC and de Lahunta A. Narcolepsy in a Ram Lamb. Veterinary Record 2001, 156-157.
- White EC and Saperstein G. Congenital Defects and Hereditary Diseases in Goats. Large Animal Internal Medicine, Brad Smith editor. Third Edition.
- White EC. Biosecurity for Small Ruminant Dairies. Booklet of the Dairy Practices Council (Currently in publication)
- White EC. Caprine Dehorning. Chapter in forthcoming Large Animal Surgery. S Fubini and N Ducharme editors
General Research Interests
- Alternative therapies for bovine mastitis. Studying alternative ways to make agriculture more profitable and therefore more sustainable in New England
Selected Research Projects
- The use of Staphylococcus xylosus to treat Staphylococcus aureus mastitis in dairy cows. A pilot study to determine if the in vitro ability of Staphylococcus xylosus to kill Staphylococcus aureus will work in cases of bovine mastitis.
- A Pilot Study of Alternative Ways to Raise Veal calves. This study will examine the feasibility and profitability of alternative, more humane, methods of raising veal calves.
Research Interests by Area
Infectious Diseases: Prevention and Control
- Staphylococcus mastitis control