Bovine Mastitis, Sustainable Agriculture, Large Animal Medicine
Associate Chair, Dept of Environmental and Population Health
- DVM - New York State College of Veterinary Medicine at Cornell - 1995
- BS - University of New Hampshire - 1991
- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners, Dairy Practice Category
Prevalence of mastitis pathogens in goat milk
- Author(s):White, E.C. | Hinckley, L.S.
Publication year: 1999
Journal / Book title: Small Ruminant Research
General Research Interests
- Alternative therapies for bovine mastitis. Studying alternative ways to make agriculture more profitable and therefore more sustainable in New England
Selected Research Projects
- The use of Staphylococcus xylosus to treat Staphylococcus aureus mastitis in dairy cows. A pilot study to determine if the in vitro ability of Staphylococcus xylosus to kill Staphylococcus aureus will work in cases of bovine mastitis.
- A Pilot Study of Alternative Ways to Raise Veal calves. This study will examine the feasibility and profitability of alternative, more humane, methods of raising veal calves.
Research and Clinical Interests
- Bovine ambulatory medicine and surgery
- Sustainable Agriculture
Research Interests by Area
Infectious Diseases: Prevention and Control
- Staphylococcus mastitis control