Equine Respiratory Diseases (IAD, EIPH, RAO)
Dr. Sanchez-Londono graduated from graduated with the title of Medico Veterinario from Universidad de La Salle in Bogota, Colombia and earned his Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates (ECFVG) Certification from Purdue University. He is Board Certified as a Large Animal Diplomate by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM). Dr. Sanchez-Londono has research interests in Equine Respiratory Diseases (IAD, EIPH, RAO), Equine Neonatology and Equine Neurology, with clinical interests in Equine Metabolic Syndrome (EMS) and Pituitary Pars Intermedia Dysfunction (PPID). His teaching experience includes Equine Dermatology, Tick Borne Diseases, Dentistry, Prepurchase Examinations, Reproduction and Preventative Medicine. He currently serves as an Advisor of the Student Chapter of the American Association of Equine Practitioners, a member of the Connecticut Board of Veterinary Medicine and a member of both the ACVIM’s Large Animal Internal Medicine Specialty Exam Committee and the Internal Medicine Case Report Committee. In his free time, Dr. Sanchez-Londono enjoys cycling and cooking.
- MS - Purdue University - 2005
- Medico Veterinario - Universidad De La Salle - 1997
- Pacheco AP, Paradis MR, Hoffman AM, Hermida P, Sanchez A, Nadeau JA, Tufts M, Mazan MR. “Age Effects on Blood Gas, Spirometry, Airway Reactivity, and Bronchoalveolar Lavage Fluid Cytology in Clinically Healthy Horses.” J Vet Intern Med. 2014 Feb 16.
- Culture conditions for equine bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells and expression of key transcription factors during their differentiation into osteoblasts: the launch of Journal of Animal Science and Biotechnology Elizabeth R A Glynn, Alfredo Sanchez Londono, Steven A Zinn, Thomas A Hoagland and Kristen E Govoni. Journal of Animal Science and Biotechnology, 4:40 (29 Oct 2013)
- McFarlane, Dianne; Paradis, Mary Rose; Zimmel, Dana; Sykes, Ben; Brorsen, B.; Sanchez, Alfredo; Vainio, Kati. The effect of geographic location of residence, breed and pituitary dysfunction on seasonal ACTH and α-MSH plasma concentration. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, accepted for publication November 21,2010
- Schumacher, VL, Hinckley L, Gilbert K, Risatti GR, Sanchez Londoņo, A, Smyth JA. Actinomyces hyovaginalis- associated lymphadenitis in a Nubian goat. J Vet Diagnostic Investigation 2009 May 21 (3):380-4
- Sanchez A., Couetil LL., Clark SP, Ward MP. Effect of Airway Disease on Blood Gas Exchange in Racehorses. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine. Vol.19,No.1, 2005.
- Vemulapalli, R., Langohr IM, Sanchez A. et al. Molecular Detection of Leptospira kirshneri in Tissues of a Prematurely Born Foal. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation. Vol. 17, No. 1, 2005.
- Effect of Airway Disease on Blood Gas Exchange in Racehorses, JVIM Vol. 19, No.1, 2005
General Research Interests
- Equine respiratory diseases (IAD, EIPH, RAO), equine neonatology and equine neurology.
Research and Clinical InterestsGeneral Research Interests
Equine Metabolic Syndrome (EMS), Pituitary Pars Intermedia Dysfunction (PPID)
Books/book chapters published or in-press:
- Sanchez Londoņo, Alfredo. Equine Skin Diseases, In Wilson David A (ed). Clinical Veterinary Advisor The Horse. Elsevier, 2011.